We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains from Marseille to Orange

Which Marseille hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Co. Cork
Level Contributor
47 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Trains from Marseille to Orange

I need to travel from Marseille to Orange and am a bit confused by train stations, are there two stations in Marseille, Saint Charles and Vitrolles. If so could you advise me on which one to use I will be arriving at Marseille airport at 10 am. Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,136 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains from Marseille to Orange

The station at Marseille airport is Vitrolles. There are reasonably frequent trains from there to Orange, taking about 70 minutes and costing €21.70.

There is no point in trying to buy tickets in advance: there are no seat reservations and no discounts. Buy when you get to Vitrolles station.

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains from Marseille to Orange

Unless your train is an Interville TER,you have to change train at Avignon Centre.

…ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/FH_10_Mars…

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains from Marseille to Orange

It's better to buy the train ticket AT the airport, rather than at the Vitrolles train station. There are shuttle buses from the airport to the train station, and they are timed to coincide with the trains - they arrive at the train station a few minutes before the train. I have seen people miss their train because they were struggling with the ticket machines.

At the airport, there are SNCF (train) ticket machines in the "hut" where they sell bus tickets (near the taxi stand). And I was told that you can buy them also from the bus ticket window (but I haven't tried that myself). So if you have to wait at the airport, use that time to buy the ticket.

Also: if you use the SNCF travel planner you can choose "Marseille Provence aeroport" as your departure point. The planner will then include the shuttle bus.

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trains from Marseille to Orange

There is now a ticket office

http://www.ter-sncf.com/Regions/Paca/gare/Vitrolles%20Aéroport%20Marseille%20Provence.aspx

marseille-airport.com/access-car-parks/acces…

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trains from Marseille to Orange

Thanks, good to know!

Co. Cork
Level Contributor
47 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trains from Marseille to Orange

Thanks everybody for your advice

7. Re: Trains from Marseille to Orange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 15, 2015