We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have 6 days in Marseille before heading to Florence

New York
7 posts
Save Topic
Have 6 days in Marseille before heading to Florence

Hi Everyone,

My family and I are to attend my brothers wedding in Florence and have decided to visit the south of France en route to Florence. We land in marseille on the 21st of September and need to be in Florence by the 28th. We will be renting a car for our travels throughout the south of France since we will be traveling with our two babies (both under 2 years old). The question I pose to you amazingly helpful contributors is how should I go about traveling in the south of France? Ideally, we would like to visit, St Tropez, Canne, Nice and Monte Carlo. However, we have no idea which place requires an overnight (or 2) stay and which is just a day trip. Also, I have read that renting a car and dropping it of in Italy is costly so I would love suggestions on where to drop of the car in Fance and how to go about getting to Florence (maybe visit cinque tere on the way?)

You have all been so helpful in our past travels so I lean on you for guidance.

Thanks!

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,508 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have 6 days in Marseille before heading to Florence

What are you interested in doing once you get to the 4 locales you have listed?

New York
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Have 6 days in Marseille before heading to Florence

That is a great question Catullus. I am open for suggestions. We love great food and wine and spend a lot of time just dining and enjoying sites of the town. What do you recommend?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,273 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have 6 days in Marseille before heading to Florence

To reach Florence you could drop the car at Marseille airport and fly www.airfrance.com to Rome, or Drop the Car at Nice airport and fly www.easyjet.com to Rome

Train from Fiumicino Aeroporto via Rome Termini to Florence www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for train times

Or

Train Marseille to Ventimiglia www.voyages-sncf.com Trentalia train Ventimiglia to Florence

4. Re: Have 6 days in Marseille before heading to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 30, 2014