We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marseille to Bonneveine

Which Marseille hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Marseille to Bonneveine

Hi travellers,

We are coming into the port of Marseille for one day on a cruise.

We have heard that the beach of Bonneveine is a nice place to visit.

Can anyone offer advise on the best way to get there... and back!?!?

Thanks in advance,

Loz and Rob

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Marseille to Bonneveine

All the beaches around Prado are artificial , so I wouldn't call them nice.I'd rather say convenient.

plagesmed.fr/plages/…plage-bonneveine.html

dailymotion.com/video/x841bu_maplage-fr-peti…

From the Vieux Port take the bus to the Prado beach (statue of David).The Corniche Kennedy seafront is very nice and the view is fantastic.If you can arrange a short intermediate stop at Vallon des Auffes its is even better.Small staircase opposite the memorial.Google for this tiny harbour .I love it.Visiting east to Pointe Rouge and further would be interesting as well.

Million other things to visit in Marseille.

Otherwise, why would'nt you take a bus from Castellane metro station to Cassis , via LA GINESTE for the view.There are trains from Marseille St Charles station but the station in Cassis is far from the harbour.You'll have to take a bus.

http://www.ot-cassis.com/en/by-train.html

www.lepilote.com/horaires_ligne/index.asp…

rtm.fr/sites/default/files/83plan_hiver.pdf

www.rtm.fr/sites/default/files/planreseau.pdf

Hope you'll have a nice day in Marseille

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Marseille to Bonneveine

It is good to know there is a free ferry service across the Vieux Port.

marseille.fr/sitevdm/se-deplacer/ferry-boat

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marseille to Bonneveine

Thanks so much for all the info. It is very helpful.

Cheers, Lauren

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marseille to Bonneveine

Don't count on the ferry across the Old Port. It has been plagued by technical issues and was out of action on both days I went past it this week. However you might consider the shuttle boat service from the Old Port to Pointe Rouge. It's aimed at commuters but tourists use it too. Expect queues, though. Details: http://bit.ly/91pLeE

5. Re: Marseille to Bonneveine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 25, 2014