We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marseille for a day...what to do?

Tarpon Springs...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
Marseille for a day...what to do?

My husband and I are going on a cruise and we are in Marseille for a day. We don't really go on the planned shore excursions. He would like to go to Calanque (not sure if I spelled that correctly). Any suggestions on what to do for the day? How to get there? How long it takes from the port? Leaving May 19th

Toronto
Level Contributor
824 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marseille for a day...what to do?

We were faced with the same problem, only a day and didn't want the cattle herd cruise organized excursion.

Our good fortune was to find Gaetane at Provence Wine Tours: http://www.provencewinetours.com/

Much smaller group, an excellent day exploring the Provence area of France.

Recommended without hesitation.

My review is here: tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g187253-d1566…

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marseille for a day...what to do?

<< He would like to go to Calanque>>

Just to clarify, calanque isn't a specific place; les calanques is the French word for rocky inlets or creeks. There are a number of them in the Marseilles and Cassis areas (probably others as well). I"m no expert in this, but others here are, and I'm sure they'll be along to help you out.

Tarpon Springs...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marseille for a day...what to do?

Thank you. I appreciate the help.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marseille for a day...what to do?

I am going to be in Marseille this summer and a friend sent me the following link with information on a boat tour of the calanques: www.croisieres-marseille-calanques.com/. You may find it helpful.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marseille for a day...what to do?

See here for a full guide to the calanques and how to get to them: marseille-provence.info/places/sights-and-at…

Here for what to see in Marseille: marseille-provence.info/marseille-marseilles…

6. Re: Marseille for a day...what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 01, 2014