We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to store luggage in Marseilles….

Which Marseille hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
home
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
where to store luggage in Marseilles….

we are 3 adults traveling thru Marseille to Provence and want to store our luggage after an early morning flight to visit the old town before we depart for Aix. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this best? Is there luggage storage at the airport?

Marseille
Level Contributor
122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to store luggage in Marseilles….

I believe you can leave luggage in the train station, Gare St Charles:

gares-en-mouvement.com/fr/…

look for "Bagages, Consignes automatiques" about half way down the page.

I have not used these lockers myself but it looks like they are open Monday to Sunday, 8:15 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Paris
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: where to store luggage in Marseilles….

Late in July (unlike now) the hours of the Consignes automatique Situé sur le Quai A weren't displayed at

gares-en-mouvement.com/fr/…services

I wanted to store luggage there one Saturday, so I phoned "Informations 3635 (0,34 €/mn)" where a French-only speaking lady (arrived at via the declared English service) told me that the consignes baggages were closed weekends. So I made other plans, but the following day, Sunday, I had the time just to go have a look, and there it was, well staffed and open every day from 8h15-23h00 until the end of September, with an obligatory luggage scanner to pass through before choosing lockers priced from 5,50-9,50€. Their notice also stated that after September it will be open every day for the slightly reduced hours of 8h15-21h00.

Marseille
Level Contributor
122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to store luggage in Marseilles….

Thanks, that is useful to know.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to store luggage in Marseilles….

Thank you so much. This is really helpful.

5. Re: where to store luggage in Marseilles….

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, December 15, 2013