We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marseille Restaurant - Le Chalet?

Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Marseille Restaurant - Le Chalet?

Is anyone familiar with Le Chalet restaurant in/near Jardin du Pharo ? It is apparantly a restaurant with outdoor seating that overlooks the Old Port. I am having trouble finding current reviews in English. We will be in Port at Marseille on a Saturday in June and were thinking of eating lunch here. I'd appreciate any insight - were located, good, bad, expensive, better option?? Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marseille Restaurant - Le Chalet?

I've eaten at Le Chalet in Marseille. It's not gastronomic cuisine, but the food is pretty good and portions decent. The main reason to eat there, of course, is the view. I would recommend it. My full report: http://bit.ly/HcQZKO

Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marseille Restaurant - Le Chalet?

Thanks for the response and excellent review. Much appreciated!

Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marseille Restaurant - Le Chalet?

AnglaiseaMarseille - we are in Port for just one day. We plan to take cruise ship's shuttle to Old Port - not sure where drop-off is - and take the Petit train to see Notre Dame de la Garde. When the train tour completes we would like to go to Le Chalet for lunch. What suggestion do you have to get to Le Chalet restaurant - taxi? Walk? This will be our first trip to Marseille and we are not fluent in French :)

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marseille Restaurant - Le Chalet?

If you get off the train at Notre Dame, you could walk down to the restaurant -- it would be a good 15-20 min walk (though downhill at least!) If you stay on the train until it returns to the Old Port, it would be better to take a taxi.

5. Re: Marseille Restaurant - Le Chalet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, June 20, 2013