We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you used LocaMarseille / www.marseille-apartments.com?

Which Marseille hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Have you used LocaMarseille / www.marseille-apartments.com?

Hi,

I have almost finalized my apartment rental from the Marseille spinoff of the Paris Stay - I was just wondering if anyone has used them and what experience you have had? I just feel a little uncomfortable to pay for an apartment that I have not seen beforehand (not PayPal), with the agency seemingly taking no responsibility.

Any advice / response appreciated.

Elina

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
for Cassis, Marseille, Manosque, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you used LocaMarseille / www.marseille-apartments.com?

Try something else and see if you can find a place that does not request 100% up front. Not a good principal.

Marseille, France
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you used LocaMarseille / www.marseille-apartments.com?

Though this response is too late for kuzjuu, still it may be of use to someone. I rented fairly long-term through Locamarseille. Though the apartment was as expected, the service of Loca staff was non-existent. I was greeted by the cleaner who handed me my keys and knew nothing about anything. When I e-mailed the woman at Loca to request a meet to answer my various questions re: post, washing-machine, what to do about garbage, which bell belonged to my flat, which mailbox belonged to my flat she appeared affronted by such a request. When I tried again she didn't respond to my e-mail at all. When I contacted the owner however, she apologized and said she would do her best to rectify things when she came to Marseille later on. Satisfied with the apartment, Locamarseille... forget about it, my view...

johnathon

3. Re: Have you used LocaMarseille / www.marseille-apartments.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 07, 2013