We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in getting around Orange

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
28 reviews
Help in getting around Orange

Hi there.

1. Are there buses and/or taxis from Gare de Orange (Orange train station) to the main district? Approximately how long will it take to go there by foot?

2. Are there any Halal-friendly shops or restaurants?

3. Any tourists attractions or activities to do there? I'm going to Orange to attend a concert, but in the day I'd like to do some stuff, ie cycling around the area.

Vaison-la-Romaine...
Level Contributor
275 posts
112 reviews
1. Re: Help in getting around Orange

Orange is small and the train station is pretty much where the city centre is. As there is quite a large North African community in Orange you will not have problems in finding halal food.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
278 reviews
2. Re: Help in getting around Orange

Yes there are taxis at the station in Orange but if you're bringing a bicycle with you...?

If you are attending one of the concerts of the Choregies d'Orange festival, it will be held inside the main attraction in Orange, the amphitheatre. This, together with the triumphal arch, both Roman, make up a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There is a historical museum right opposite the amphitheatre, too.

Other than this, the old town is fun to walk around, lots of narrow streets, quaint shops, reasomable restaurants.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Help in getting around Orange

I'll just be using a rental bicycle within Orange itself.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
85 reviews
4. Re: Help in getting around Orange

I am driving my rental car from Florence to Orange to go to the David Gilmour concert - where can I park?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,930 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Help in getting around Orange

If you plan on dropping off a rental car in France that you rented in Italy you will incur a large drop-off fee. To find parking google "public parking orange france" or check the tourist office website.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
278 reviews
6. Re: Help in getting around Orange

There is a huge amount of parking in Orange, most of it free. If you don't find space as you enter the town, there's a big car park next to the Arc de Triomphe that is never full even for the big concerts - your satnav will guide you there.

7. Re: Help in getting around Orange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, January 05, 2018