We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ripped off in Gordes and I haven't even arrived yet.

Which Gordes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
58 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Ripped off in Gordes and I haven't even arrived yet.

Partner and I booked accommodation at a certain hotel in Gordes...

Two weeks later we noticed on his credit card account $170 deducted from some random hotel in Provence.

We knew something was fishy because we book all of our accommodation through expedia yet this deduction was by a hotel we haven't even looked at.

It turns out the hotel is located about 90 minute drive from the one in Gordes and its a sister hotel..

Anyway we called the bank, blocked the credit card and the bank is investigating the transaction. It seems too much of a coincidence that the charge was made by a hotel in such close proximity.. so I am going now have to cancel my accommodation at this so called hotel.. I am just waiting on confirmation by the bank.

Has anyone had this happen? Is this common?

21. Re: Ripped off in Gordes and I haven't even arrived yet.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:08 am, December 20, 2015
22. Re: Ripped off in Gordes and I haven't even arrived yet.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, February 18, 2014