We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forgot to pack items-where to buy????

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Forgot to pack items-where to buy????

Hi. We are here now and loving it!!!

Unfortunately I forgot to pack a couple items and don't know where to purchase. Please help.

1). A cable that will allow us to connect our laptop computer to the TV so we can watch movies on the large tv screen. I assume I need to find an electronics store?

2). A hair flatiron / straightener. Similar to a hair curling iron but it straightens hair instead of curling. At home in Toronto I could purchase one from a large drug store / pharmacy. Where can I buy one here? my hair is looking rather shaggy in this weather LOL

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forgot to pack items-where to buy????

You could try Beaulieu but safest to go to Nice. For electronic goods I go to Darty in Avenue Notre Dame. They usually have some staff who speak some English but I wish you well in trying to explain the hair straightening gadget.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,479 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Forgot to pack items-where to buy????

I would suggest the easier thing from Villefranche is make the 15 minute train journey to Monaco. Take the Place d'Armes/Rocher exit, find the lift down to the big Fontveille Shopping Centre. The Carrefour Hypermarket there will, I am certain , have everything you need.

visitmonaco.com/en/Plan-your-stay/Shopping/F…

Ed

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Forgot to pack items-where to buy????

The chain stores Darty, FNAC and any large supermarket should stock what you are after.

There is the Darty mentioned above plus a FNAC and Monoprix which are both on av Jean Medecin near the rail station in Nice.

darty.com/nav/…index.html

Also an FNAC in the Metropole centre in Monaco if you are headed in that direction and a large Carrefour as Ed mentioned

Further, but if you are planning to visit Cannes , Darty and FNAC are almost opposite each other on the rue d'Antibes and there is a Monoprix opposite the rail station, all very central and convenient.

Hope this helps

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Forgot to pack items-where to buy????

Thank you to all for responding so quickly. Heading over to darty and FNAC in nice. Wish us luck! Will let u know how it turns out. LOL. I translated hair straightener into French so hopefully that will be a start.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,048 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Forgot to pack items-where to buy????

They will know what it is. I bought a straightener in Darty in Paris. They have a million types of all brands in all price ranges:)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Forgot to pack items-where to buy????

I love you guys!!!! All is good and you all saved us a ton in stress trying to find everything ourselves.

Got the hair straightener at darty. A ton of selection in all price ranges. And the staff at darty sent us to FNAC as they weren't sure they had the right cables.

All is good and calm. My kids can watch downloaded movies in English on the TV and I no longer need to scare people with my fuzzy mop of hair!!!

Thank you again!

7. Re: Forgot to pack items-where to buy????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer