We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sport activities in Villefranche

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sport activities in Villefranche

is ther snorkling, fishing, bike rentals, kyaks or other activities to do in Villefranche?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sport activities in Villefranche

There are often people snorkelling and almost always others canoeing and sculling in the bay. There is a club for rowing and kayaking based at the Darse end of the seafront but I don't know if it is possible to rent from there as I have my own small kayak. There is also a dive school with groups going out most days.

I am not aware of bike rental in Villefranche but there are plenty of rental places in Nice, only about three miles away. Cycling near Villefranche is not much fun as roads are busy and hills are steep. Get a few miles inland and everything changes, except for the hills, as there is almost no traffic, even in August when the coast is often jammed solid.

I am not into fishing but many people fish from the seafront and I would be surprised if there are no deep sea trips close by.

2. Re: sport activities in Villefranche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 am, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer