We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are cancellation fees standard in Villefranche -sur-Mer

Which Villefranche-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
are cancellation fees standard in Villefranche -sur-Mer

I was shocked to find that there were cancellation fees when I cancelled hotel reservations at two places in Villefranche-sur-Mer. The most aggregious fee was at La Fiancee du Pirate Villefranche. They have charged me for one full night even though the reservation was cancelled over 3 months in advance. The other hotel that charged a fee was Hotel Flore in Villefranche-sur-Mer. They charged 10% of what the total would have been even though this reservation was cancelled over 60 days in advance.

I was told by both that this is standard practice. I have never encountered this before. I also have never seen such predatory cancellation practices. Is this common in that area? If so I think travellers should be forewarned.

We are determined that this will not spoil our trip and we are looking forward to our stay there. I will report back on our stay at Hotel de la Darse.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: are cancellation fees standard in Villefranche -sur-Mer

<<let's all be a little kinder and gentler in our presumptions.>>

Brava, troggs!

MaryEllen, enjoy your holiday! It is one of those live and learn things.

52. Re: are cancellation fees standard in Villefranche -sur-Mer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 23, 2014