We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LondonBob? VF in mid-October??

Europe
Level Contributor
114 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
LondonBob? VF in mid-October??

LondonBob, you have already given so much good advice and I know you can help me with this one. We've just come back from VF and we both really loved it. Weather was lovely and liked the fact that it was fairly quiet. We're thinking about heading back for 3 days in mid October. Would we find many restaurants open at that time of year or does the town pretty much close up? Also what about the weather? Wouldn't be expecting too much at that time of year but we really wouldn't mind.

Thanks again.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,285 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LondonBob? VF in mid-October??

Hello again, Glad you enjoyed your trip. I will be there again at the beginning of June when it should be warming up nicely. We have been in Villefranche for the third week in October in each of the last six years. This is quite a busy time and almost all shops and restaurants were open. The weather is not wholly reliable in October but it has been good every time we have been there, sunny most days and warm enough to sit on the beach. You would need to accept the fact that you could be unlucky and get rain but the odds are on good weather.

Bob

Europe
Level Contributor
114 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LondonBob? VF in mid-October??

Thanks Bob. Now have to speak nicely to my other half about taking me!!

Northants, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LondonBob? VF in mid-October??

October 24th last year was sweltering - I was on the beach in Villefranche!

Sydney, Australia
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: LondonBob? VF in mid-October??

Yes, last year's October was an exceptional and amazingly warm month!

But that was due to a capricious summer and an horrid September full of storms! I've just come back from Villefranche, and it has been very warm, so I'm guessing that summer 2006 will be quite hot, and that means that October should be cooler and with more rain than last year.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,285 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LondonBob? VF in mid-October??

Cassandra, If you can forecast the weather for October you can become a very rich woman. There are governments who spend millions on super computers in the attempt to forecast a few months ahead and they have failed to do so up to now. I taught university meteorology for more than 20 years and the only thing I am certain about is that there are too many variables to be able to forecast weather more than a few days in advance.

About the only thing that is certain in the western Med is the old saying of 'hot, dry summers and warm wet winters' and there is no way of knowing when the wet part will arrive.

Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer