We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have I left my run to late to book in VSM for May2013

Queensland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Have I left my run to late to book in VSM for May2013

Hello there,

This is my first post to the forum here, I often read & research posts & manage to travel well informed by this on my travels.

But now I am stuck & hoping you, the lovely forum posters may be able to help me, please.

My plan is to spend a week next year on the French Riviera to celebrate my "significant milestone" birthday (I am slowly coming to terms with reaching this). Anyway my plan was to spend a week in Villefranche-sur-Mer renting an apartment mid-May. I didn't realize at the time, but now do that it is also around the time of the Cannes Film Festival as well as the weekend before Monaco GP.

Am i mad to even contemplate staying in VFSM around this time?

I have been looking on various sites unsuccessfully to date.

I could also be a little fussy & out of touch.

My budget is 1250 (Euros) for the week's accommodation. I would like a 1 Bdrm with a Sea View Balcony wiht Wi-Fi, preferably with not too many stairs so it would be easy to visit a la boulangerie each morning, lunch or dinner of a day & close to public transport to do day trips to places such as Nice, Eze, Old Antibes & perhaps even Menton as well as laxing out at VSFM, & the beach.

I have checked out the few places I have found that are within my budget & they are either not available or I have had no response, they have included Shelley's Riviera rentals & Mattie Silman's holidaysinvillefranche as well as some on TA & homeaway.co.uk. including a property that is available on the Promenade near Carpaccio Restaurant but am concerned after reading some reviews on TA about the area as well as to authenticity on that one from homeaway.

VSFM appealed to me because it was charming, small, handy base, on the beach/ Mediterranean village. Obviously I am not alone in my thinking as it appears very popular.

So what I am asking is it worth persevering to find something along the lines of what I am searching for or am I looking for the impossible for that time of year, leaving my run a little late?

If so, do you have any suggestions for an alternative place to suit my criteria?

I look forward to your feedback

Thank-you in advance

Wilho

Edited: 7:33 am, November 09, 2012
Queensland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Have I left my run to late to book in VSM for May2013

Thanks Vicolivia,

I'll check it out.

Really appreciate it

Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Have I left my run to late to book in VSM for May2013

Hi, I have replied to your PM - let me know if you don't get it.

Queensland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Have I left my run to late to book in VSM for May2013

Thanks Vic

Got it & having a look now.

BW

Wilho

Queensland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Have I left my run to late to book in VSM for May2013

The homeaway apartment Vicolivia recommended is not going to work out for this trip so I am still looking.

I am looking at the Riviera Holiday Homes website & there are a few places with availability there.

I have done a forum search here & didn't locate much feedback on any particular villas, apart from they seem good to deal with.

So my question is has anyone had dealings with this agency or can provide more input about them.

Thanks, in advance, for your helpful responses.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Have I left my run to late to book in VSM for May2013

That is a pity. Did you try Azur Mediterrane agency?

Cheers

16. Re: Have I left my run to late to book in VSM for May2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 02, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer