We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice airport to Villefranche by car

Which Villefranche-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Topic
Nice airport to Villefranche by car

We are currently staying in Villefranche for three weeks and are loving it. We have several groups of people coming and going via the Nice airport. We seem to miss the Promenade des Anglais exit from the airport and end up going north of the city. The third trip to the airport we looked and looked for any signage for the promenade but didn't find any, including following the "toutes directions" signs.

Some of you seem to know a lot about the area so am hoping you can help out.

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
5,729 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice airport to Villefranche by car

"Toutes directions" is very often a sign that takes traffic to everywhere but the city centre. I can't remember what the signage is, but probably "Nice Centre" or "Nice Promenade des Anglais". Beware, there is a speed camera very shortly after exiting the airport area when taking this route. I think the limit is 70km/h but do check, as the road is like a motorway and one is very tempted to accelerate away.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice airport to Villefranche by car

The speed limit on the promenade is 50 kmh, although I have been in taxis doing over 100. I am fairly sure the signs say 'Nice Promenade des Anglais'. You could always follow bus 98 or 99 if you happen to spot one. The other way to get to Villefranche is to follow signs for the Voie Rapide, an elevated road that goes to the centre of Nice and then follow Monaco/Menton/Basse Corniche. I am glad I am not the only one who sometimes ends up going in the opposite direction to the one intended!

3. Re: Nice airport to Villefranche by car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:41 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer