We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Villefranche sur Mer in June

San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Topic
Parking in Villefranche sur Mer in June

Hi, I'll be visiting Villefranche sur Mer for a week beginning mid-June. I'm staying in la Vieille Ville. I would love to know about parking options since I'll be renting a car.

Thank you!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Villefranche sur Mer in June

car parking info at bottom of page. nb car parking is very much in demand in villefranche

villefranche-sur-mer.org/pages/…

Edited: 4:51 pm, June 09, 2011
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,248 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Villefranche sur Mer in June

Citadel car park used to be free but now is pay only like all the others, one euro something an hour. Otherwise just drive around in an attempt to find one in the street. This is not easy and sometimes there aren't any spaces. On sunny weekends often all parking, whether paid or free, is occupied. I don't usually have a car but when I do I use a car park until the evening and then go searching for a space on the street. By the way, there are roadworks yet again on the Basse Corniche, the main coast road and I was able to walk the last half mile or so from Nice much faster than the cars this morning. All in all, my advice is that, provided you are physically fit, once you have found a parking space, park the car and use buses and trains to get around. Although this does not seem a sensible use of a rental car it will save fuel and stress. If all else fails, drive towards Beaulieu, turn right at the base of Cap Ferrat, then right again and park in Ave Louise Bordes. You are then a 10/15 min walk from the old town.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,248 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Villefranche sur Mer in June

Thanks Alison. I didn't realise that the Citadel was free after 7.00. I often walk through and rarely see a space so may not be terribly useful!

Bob

San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Villefranche sur Mer in June

Wow! Thank you very, very much for this information. It is incredibly helpful.

San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in Villefranche sur Mer in June

Thank you so very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

6. Re: Parking in Villefranche sur Mer in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer