We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Tour Guide

NY
Level Contributor
90 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Private Tour Guide

We are looking for a private tour guide for a day from the cruise ship in August 29. It will be the group of around 18 people.

What are our choices?

Help please.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Tour Guide

With as many people as are traveling with you, I think it would be difficult to find a guide that can accomodate that number in a vehicle. I don't know that a guide would be necessary to see Villafranche, and i would suggest that you spend some time around the harbor there and visit the mountain village of Eze. I suggest Eze because it is well worth the trip and it is close to Villefranche. You won't be traveling too far and have to worry about getting back for your ship's serparture. The view from the top of Eze is spectacular, and we had a lovely lunch at the restaurant that is at the entrance to the garden.

There are two ways you can get from Villefranche to Eze Village: one by the 82 bus that comes from Nice and makes several stops in Villefranche and the other, by train to Eze du (sur) Bord and the 83 bus from the station. When I have visited Eze, there have been several travelers from cruise ships making this journey, so I am sure your cruise company can provide information on how best to do this. I'd follow their directions and be happy to know that there is a "Plan B" if you get stuck. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the return bus schedules on these sites:

http://www.cg06.fr/

http://www.lignedazur.com/

To get oriented when you reach Eze, face the village and Nice will be to your right; Eze du Bord is to your left. Another tip: Carry small coins. The public restrooms cost 40 cents and they only take correct change!

Here are some notes on how I use the region's excellent public transportation system:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187216-i137-k4033…

Bon Voyage!

Mentioned in this post
Eze
Eze
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Tour Guide

Good suggestions, but I would add that Nice or Monte Carlo could be good choices as well. What are you looking for? Glamor-- Monte Carlo; history and museums-- Nice; best beach-- Villefranche; best view-- Eze.

Mentioned in this post
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Tour Guide

I don't know if you have finalized your plans, but I found this website while researching an upcoming trip to Istanbul. It seems to have been mentioned on some other sites, but I have not seen to discussed on the France forums. I haven't discovered any reasons not to trust the info here, but maybe another poster might have more info.

www.ourexplorer.com/Listing.aspx…

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
4. Re: Private Tour Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, May 16, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer