We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

We are about to pay a deposit for an apartment belonging to this company for our Honeymoon in April 2011.

We would love to read some reviews from people who have stayed at one of the following apartments:

- Beachfront Bliss

- Artist`s Atelier

- Le Petit Bijou

- Le Beau Balcon

- Sur Le Toit

- Waterfront Penthouse

- Romantic Riviera Villa

We researched carefully before selecting our apartment, but only now as we are about to transfer money, are we a little nervous, especially as we keep reading about bogus websites.

Thank you

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

I`m ALREADY in love with Villefranche-sur-Mer. :)

I used to work on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship, Villefranche was our port in France (and Marseille). That`s why we are going back there. :)

Katie :)

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Marseille
Marseille
Bouches-du-Rhone, France
Martha's Vineyard...
4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

I hope you went on your vacation to Shelly apartment as they are the BEST & she is GREAT. I have been renting villas to people for over 15 years in the Caribbean and I cannot say enought good things about Shelly and her homes. If you have not gone you MUST.

Thanks Lime & Da Coconut

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

Thank you for your enlightening e-mail, we are going there in April. :)

Windsor, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

I stayed in the penthouse for a week a couple of years ago - very nice. A lot of stairs though. Dishwasher is tiny. But it was super, super clean which is really important when renting a home away from home - I didn't find a single, solitary speck of dirt in that place, anywhere! And the bed in master bedroom was heavenly - very comfy. I think the bedroom in the loft was good too, but I didn't try it myself. There is a lot of sightseeing to do along that coast. Beautiful area. I really liked the wine region too though, if you are looking for a romantic area. Oh, one more thing - if you do choose Villefranche, you can trust Shelly of Riviera Experience. She is a class-act. And please make sure you are there for an entire Sunday because the outdoor antiques market is spectacular. It takes over the whole waterfront area and the down-town - and the deals are amazing. Beautiful antiquities and vintage items - especially if you are shopping for antique lighting.

Edited: 9:40 am, February 18, 2011
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

Thank you very much, we`ll spend two weeks there, so i`d like to go to the antique market as well. :)

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,294 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

After three days of constant rain this week there was a distinct smell of sewage near the Carpachio restaurant and Beachfront Bliss. This was not nearly as bad as at the seafront in Beaulieu where raw sewage was bubbling out of the drains but does not seem much of a performance for the new multi million euro drainage system that it has taken several years to build along the coast.

London
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

I stayed at Apartment 502, Palais de la Marine, 06230 Villefranche-sur-Mer in May 2011 and would highly recommend it for a luxurious, relaxing, superbly positioned location containing everything anyone would need. Excellent restaurants are a short walking distance away along with the local railway station. At this time of year it was very quiet and a perfect location for a Spring break.

Mentioned in this post
Villefranche-sur-Mer
Villefranche-sur-Mer
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

We stayed at the Romantic Riviera Villa which was everything it was advertised as. The views from every room are simply spectacular-straight onto the lovely harbour -and so soothing. It's very easy to unwind here (and you may need to because there are a serious number of steps if you are walking around this part of town!). The terrace is a wonderful place for drinks and dining and the apartment decor and equipment would not be out of place in an upmarket decor magazine. Shelley was an attentive host and is justly proud of what she has created. Maintenance is excellent and Shelley provides good (free) internet access which was very much appreciated. The only reason I hesitate to recommend this apartment is the likelihood that it may become so in demand that I will not be able to hire it, the next time I visit this area.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

Thank you for your answer, we were there in April, it was lovely. :)

20. Re: Riviera experience.com / Villefranche-sur-Mer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer