We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Villefranche-sur-Mer and Nice

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
One day in Villefranche-sur-Mer and Nice

Our cruise stops for one day in Villefranche. We plan to look around Villefranche first; then go to the Villa Ephrussi de Rothchild; and then to Nice.

Based on the map, it looks like Vilefranche is in between the other two locations. Can we do both trips on a train or will a bus be required?

Thanks for your help.

Maxine.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: One day in Villefranche-sur-Mer and Nice

I am also thinking about going to Villefranche-sur-Mer and Nice and am just beginning to checkout information. Looks like Villefranche-sur-Mer is more along the lines of what I am looking for in terms of budget and seaside views and am wondering about places to stay there. I'm thinking about taking "Easycruise" and it would depart from Nice and return there if I wanted to take it back there. I'm thinking about spending a couple of days when I get to France in NIce or Villefranche-sur-Mer to give me time to acclimate and relax before heading off on the Easycruise adventure. Any ideas for inexpensive lodging, restaurants,etc. would be very much appreciated. I LOVE to travel but TRY to keep the cost down so I can do it frequently!

Northern California
Level Contributor
1,838 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: One day in Villefranche-sur-Mer and Nice

The Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild is much more than "a third rate museum." The house's furnishings are beautiful, the gardens lush (seven different kinds, no less), and the views fabulous.

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
7,076 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: One day in Villefranche-sur-Mer and Nice

To describe Villa Ephrussi as a third rate museum is grossly unfair. It is simply one of the most beautiful and spectacular sights on the Côte d'Azur. OK it isn't the Louvre but it doesn't pretend to be either!

Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer