We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car at the port?

Which Villefranche-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Renting a car at the port?

Has anyone ever tried to rent a car while on a cruise day at Villefranche? My husband and I are interested in doing this but are curious if any local car rental agencies will provide drop off and pick up at the port.

We would also want them to pick it up at 10pm (since our ship does not leave until midnight anyway). If anyone can help or have had experience of renting a car while on a cruise trip -- it would be appreciated!

Calif
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a car at the port?

I am also trying to find out info on this. Have you had any luck ?I am totally frustrated with this. If you have any hints please E mail me ... travel.lady@cox.net

Thanks

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a car at the port?

What about contacting the Villefranche tourist office:

ot@villefranche-sur-mer.com

st lucia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a car at the port?

See my posting under Nice at night for a few warnings on driving around and in Nice.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting a car at the port?

Don't get too worried about what the previous post said. The traffic light muggers are a classic in Nice and everyone who drives in Nice drives with doors locked. And I do also in Montréal and Paris and...

All big cities have problems with crime and Nice is no ordinary town. Not more not less crime than cities (less dangerous than Marseilles for instance)

Wyckoff, New Jersey
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting a car at the port?

were you successful with renting a car for the day at the port? We would llike to de the same in early October on a cruise. We will be there from 7AM to 10 PM Have been to Provence before.

Northern California
Level Contributor
1,838 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting a car at the port?

You could take the train from Villefranche into Nice and pick your car up at the station. But if you're just planning to visit Nice there's no need for a car. I haven't heard of agencies that deliver a car to the port--usually you need to go to an office.

Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer