We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal after 10pm arrival

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Meal after 10pm arrival

About to visit VSM for the 1st time this weekend and arrive at hotel around 10pm. They tell me no restauatants open then but I've read some on the waterfront are. Any recommendations for a lone traveller seeking nice salad or light one plate and a glass of rose on Friday night. Many thanks in advance.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
12,115 posts
565 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meal after 10pm arrival

I agree that waterfront restaurants may still be open but I do not know if they would sit anyone at this hour or merely complete service of already dining guests. Why not e-mail some and see what they respond with? We dined at La Mere Germaine and they respond via e-mail. Google them. Otherwise, you may need to bring your own food :(

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,068 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meal after 10pm arrival

Some tourist traps must be open.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meal after 10pm arrival

Many thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meal after 10pm arrival

Hear you and many thanks. I had already googled and it was showing anything well reviewed as closed from 10. I'm sure I'll find something. Thanks for the suggestion.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,068 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meal after 10pm arrival

The hotel should be able to help you out as well. Otherwise: And when you just go sleeping?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meal after 10pm arrival

Tried them first (as they have a restaurant on site) but was told they'd be closed but offered a frozen pizza that night manager could do.... after a heavy weeks work and a flight from Ireland i'd like something more and more social......

London
Level Contributor
3,245 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meal after 10pm arrival

Alas, the Country that claims to wear the Crown of Gastromony, effectively shuts down at 9pm.

Where once good food was everywhere and cheap, now you have to hunt for it and pay through the nose.

Such a shame!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meal after 10pm arrival

Just back. We found that many/most places close kitchens/turn people away at 10:30pm - the exception was Les Palmiers next to Cosmo in the main square which is next to Welcome - there the kitchen seemed to be open until 11pm which was handy as we could eat there, but not elsewhere.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meal after 10pm arrival

And directly opposite, up the stairs next to the Dark Pilican/chapel is the upstairs bar Achel which opens until 1:30am or 2am or sometimes later with a lovely view of the bay - it is the latest-opening bar in VF currently. Does not do food, but worth knowing it is there. LX= bar now closes at 12:30AM

Edited: 4:44 am, September 01, 2017
Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,068 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meal after 10pm arrival

I guess you mean "Achill's". As far as I know they serve food.

Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer