We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap hotel in St. Tropez or alternatively near St. Tropez?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
cheap hotel in St. Tropez or alternatively near St. Tropez?

I was wondering if you guys have any tips for students who travel cote d'azur? Are there cheap possibilities or alternatives to the expensive hotels in St. Tropez? Thanks so much.

Portland, Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap hotel in St. Tropez or alternatively near St. Tropez?

We're staying here in September: www.yellohvillage.co.uk/camping/les_tournels

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,502 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap hotel in St. Tropez or alternatively near St. Tropez?

Nice will be your best option for backpacker style of accomodations.

Provence
Level Contributor
812 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap hotel in St. Tropez or alternatively near St. Tropez?

Ste Maxime is slightly less expensive than st Tropez.

I believe the word cheap is unknown in St Tropez :):):) but I might be wrong....

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,680 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap hotel in St. Tropez or alternatively near St. Tropez?

Yes try Ste Maxime, just across the bay with a lovely sandy beach and a boat service to St Tropez.

Otherwise here is a link to the tourist office that lists accommodation

http://www.ot-saint-tropez.com/

Provence Alpes Cote...
Level Contributor
634 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap hotel in St. Tropez or alternatively near St. Tropez?

Camping is probably your least expensive option, and it can be fun too in the summer months. I've never been there myself, but Dawn's suggestion above on Camping les Tournels looks good. It's located close to Ramatuelle and apparently has a shuttle service to the beach, which is great. You can also rent a cottage. Usually packed with families.

Also, look at renting apartments where you can also save on eating out. Just make sure you know its exact location, and reserve through a reputable site (i like booking.com but there are others).

Enjoy,

AzurAlive.com

UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap hotel in St. Tropez or alternatively near St. Tropez?

Hi. I had a major issue with accommodation and what everyone could afford...my holiday started as a group of girls, I am now left travelling solo (refer to my post). Anyway I found airbnb to be a great place to find accommodation. I found a place that sleeps 4 a stone throw away from Harbour not really expensive compared to hotels

7. Re: cheap hotel in St. Tropez or alternatively near St. Tropez?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline protecting the personal privacy of our users. We will remove messages that include real names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, street addresses, Instant Messenger handles and nicknames that are provided without permission from that user.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:52 am, July 15, 2013
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,929 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap hotel in St. Tropez or alternatively near St. Tropez?

St Tropez is not a cheap destination. Ste Maxime is a possible alternative but is a bland family summer resort . Your best bet is to look at Juan les Pins which not only has a similar atmosphere, but a great beach and above all is perfectly centrally placed for sightseeing the Cote d'Azur on the train line as well as being close to Nice Airport ( St Trop is a $ 200 taxi trip from the airport). . Besides you can take a very nice boat trip from Juan les Pins to St Tropez.

Ed

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,502 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap hotel in St. Tropez or alternatively near St. Tropez?

Yvonne....you have published your email on a very public Forum. You are going to get bombarded with spam. Remove your post and re-post without your email. People can contact via PM.

10. Re: cheap hotel in St. Tropez or alternatively near St. Tropez?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, July 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Tropez