We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from st tropez from nice

Which Saint-Tropez hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
transport from st tropez from nice

I am arriving in nice at 12.25pm on friday may 13 and need to get to a birthday party in st tropez that night.

I do not speak french and so far most websites just seem to say that getting in and out of st tropez is a nightmare. I am getting desperate. I was going to fly by helicopter at 210 euros, but that is only available in high season and I cannot afford 890 euros.

So I am stuck and would be incredibly appreciative of any help anyone can offer.

many thanks

linda

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from st tropez from nice

Least hassle way is to take bus 99 to the main train station in nice, then catch a train to st raphael, then take bus to laste stop [ train station Nice Ville]

bus 99 tiemtable

www.lignesdazur.com/horaires_ligne/…

train times here but don't book tickets online -use these names Nice Ville and Saint-Raphaël - Valescure

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/

Then bus 7601 to st tropez

varlib.fr/index.php/…CG83-L7601-SUMA.pdf

you also have the option of taking a train from the station nice st augustin about 20 mins walk from terminal 1 - but this mostly involves changing trains in cannes or antibes or nice ville and doesn't reduce the journey time by much if anything but adds to inconvenience..

If your plane arrives on time you will manage to get there ok -its just a long sliightly complicated journey

Edited: 6:43 am, March 08, 2011
Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from st tropez from nice

See also my reply to your earlier post. The easist way to do this, if the timings work, is to take the 3003 express bus direct from Nice airport to St Raphael, then the 7601 to St Tropez. Otherwise, train and bus as Selkie suggests. The real nightmare is in high summer when it can easily take 3 hours by road from St Raphael to St Tropez and ferries from St Raphael or Ste Maxime are a much better bet. But in May the bus should be fine (and the ferry services are quite sparse).

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport from st tropez from nice

Just curious...why doesn't someone start a ferry service from Nice and Cannes to St. Tropez that is not a scheduled day trip as is now available? Does St. Tropez just not want the increased number of visitors it would bring? This question comes up frequently, and getting to St. Tropez is just so difficult.

Sorry lindarobin, I can't help you with your trip, but you are in good hands here!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport from st tropez from nice

Realistically, you won;t catch the 12.30 bus to st raphael and the next bus, the 15.45 bus would not be a good option unless you have a really delayed flight

Also note that if you take the 15.45 bus to st raphael your options for st tropez are severaly limited as the next connection for st tropez would then be the 18.15 bus getting in some time after 8pm

3003 timetable here - nice airport- st raphael

http://www.varlib.fr/index.php/cg83/content/download/1695/7084/version/13/file/CG83-L3003-LIGNES+DU+VAR.pdf

5. Re: transport from st tropez from nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 20, 2012