We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vvmca6 - I need your help please -special anniversary...

kohala coast, hawaii
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
vvmca6 - I need your help please -special anniversary...

hello vvmca6. my husband and I will be in St. Tropez for our 16th wedding anniversary on saturday, september 17th. we would like a special dinner - could you please recommend the very best restaurant in the area? cost isn't an issue, we're willing to dress formally (if necessary), and we appreciate gourmet food and wines. I'd like to do something Very special - we could even take a helicopter to somewhere within about 30 minutes from St. Tropez...please let me know if anything comes to mind...thank you for your help with this.

if anyone else has any suggestions I would welcome them!

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vvmca6 - I need your help please -special anniversary...

Here's a list of 11 restaurants with links (click on En Savoir Plus) to their own website. http://tinyurl.com/7mrgc

I know the Byblos from its trendy reputation but I hang out in Nice more than St-Tropez, so I have never been to these restaurants. If you have any problem with anything written in French, let me know I shalll translate for you.

kohala coast, hawaii
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vvmca6 - I need your help please -special anniversary...

vv - thank you for your reply and the link - I'll review it. I did a search on google and came up with Les Mouscardins restaurant in St Tropez - it has good reviews and 2 michelin stars. I agree about Byblos - it looks more trendy and we're not looking for that. have you ever eaten at, or heard of Les Mouscardins? or is there an exceptional restaurant in Nice that you'd recommend instead of eating at St Tropez? we're looking for something really special..thanks for your help! and please let me know if you need any advice about Hawaii!!

with aloha,

MKL

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vvmca6 - I need your help please -special anniversary...

Le Chanteclerc at Hotel Negresco is quite a nice spot, excellent cuisine and nice decor.

Le Grand Pavois, 11 rue Meyerbeer for seafood.

Le Melisande at the Palais Materlinck (www.palais-maeterlinck.com)

Le Karr on rue Alphonse-Karr is a younger place with new cuisine. Nice spot but more for a younger crowd.

And of course the restaurant at the Palais de la Mediterranee on the Promenade

kohala coast, hawaii
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vvmca6 - I need your help please -special anniversary...

vv - thank you very much, I'll research these restaurants in Nice.

of all of them, which do you think has the best food, service, and ambiance? I'm trying to select something that will be memorable...any advice?

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vvmca6 - I need your help please -special anniversary...

1st of all, my knickname is YYMCA6...No offense.

IFor the type of dinner you will be having I would either choose either the palais Maeterlinck or the palais de la Mediterranee. The latter is more recent though while the other has many years of tradition.

kohala coast, hawaii
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vvmca6 - I need your help please -special anniversary...

yymca6 - my apologies about your name - it looked like vv on my computer but obviously I didn't look closely enough. thanks again for your help narrowing down the choices for our special dinner - I'm sure it will be wonderful.

best wishes - and please let me know if you ever need any assistance planning a trip to Hawaii!

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vvmca6 - I need your help please -special anniversary...

I just happened to see the date of your dinner, Sept.17. Too bad I will be leaving Nice the day before... Thanks fo Hawaii. We may require your help one day. Have a nice trip on the Riviera.