We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

get from Nice airport to St. Laurent du Var train station

Which St-Laurent du Var hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
get from Nice airport to St. Laurent du Var train station

I need to go from Nice Airport to nearest train station which may be in St. Laurent. Is there a bus service between the two locations? I'm sure a taxi would be available anyway. Is it far?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: get from Nice airport to St. Laurent du Var train station

mantis1234-

what do you mean by safe?

what kind of car and registration = local or elsewhere in France or foreign ?

what type of place would you be leaving it ?

why don't you just park at the airport parking ?

France
7 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: get from Nice airport to St. Laurent du Var train station

Because Nice airport parking is very expensive!! The idea is to use the parking at St Laurent train station, which is free, and go from there to the airport. My car has a french registration, 13. Its a BMW and I dont want to return and find it broken into!!What do you think?

thanks.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,123 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: get from Nice airport to St. Laurent du Var train station

If you don't want to risk St Laurent du Var, consider these people: www.easy-parking.com/. I've found them reliable, even though it scares me handing my car keys over to someone else. Not a great difference in price compared to the airport, but the reports of damage in the long-stay parking scare me too - though I haven't had any trouble myself.

France
7 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: get from Nice airport to St. Laurent du Var train station

too expensive for me.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: get from Nice airport to St. Laurent du Var train station

i think a car [and especially a nice bmw without the local registration identifier] sitting in the station car park for 2 weeks would risk attracting unwanted attention.

i suppose it depends whether you want to risk it or not.

there is a cheap-er parking ticket if you have booked a holiday package deal leaving from nice.

www.plaisirdepartir.com/couponparking.aspx

you could check out hotels that offer parking nearby and see if it would be cheaper to stay the night and pay to leave the car for the 2 weeks in the hotel car park.

also some of the car parks do a 2 week abonnement

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: get from Nice airport to St. Laurent du Var train station

Is Nice airport longterm parking more costly than the excess on your motor insurance and loss of any no claim bonus? Because that is the comparison I would be making, for peace of mind. I have had my car broken into three times in London - and its a BMW too. Young men assume because its a nice car it will have stuff in it worth stealing, even if it hasn't. One did £1,600 damage in order to steal a £50 radio. Each time it cost me many humdreds of pounds. No one like parking charges and it will "probably" be alright. But personally, for me "probably" would not be good enough.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
152 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: get from Nice airport to St. Laurent du Var train station

Hi,

Be careful as most of the areas close to the train station in St Laurent du var are not "free" parkings. I believe also that it would be risky to leave your car in the street for 2 weeks as it is a BMW and it is a French registration but a "13" ;-)

Wouldn't it be possible to take the train or the bus to come from your area to Nice ? I believe that you would spend more quite vacation without thinking about your car left in the street.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: get from Nice airport to St. Laurent du Var train station

yes, i would have thought that the parking and the fuel costs should about cover the train fare to the airport. i suppose it depends on your exact journey and how well served the route is by public transport.

also if the car park isn't really free or normally used for longer term parking you might risk your car being towed away

19. Re: get from Nice airport to St. Laurent du Var train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, September 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St-Laurent du Var