We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wonderful food tent on rue Denis Semeria

Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Wonderful food tent on rue Denis Semeria

We were in St Jean on a sunny Saturday in early March and there was a little tent/gazebo pitched on the square, selling panini, sausage and chips, waffles, pancakes, brownies etc. Absolutely wonderful, delightful service, and extremely good value. We sat in the sun, each ate savoury, sweet, drinks and coffees for 35 euros for 2 adults and 2 children....

7 replies to this topic
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wonderful food tent on rue Denis Semeria

thanks for the feedback- i have seen the food tent in operation a couple of times but haven't tried it out,

I wasn't sure if it was going to be a permanent resident or not

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
Level Contributor
421 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wonderful food tent on rue Denis Semeria

I have not been there yet this season, but last year the epicurian shop accross the square had a nice little wine and tapas set-up. Also last year there was a small restaurant selling snacks as described for a time.

The new port parking and extensions is likely finished and a number of things should be coming "on-line" this season.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,144 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wonderful food tent on rue Denis Semeria

Given the 'nibbles' menu seems quite expensive ?

Ed

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wonderful food tent on rue Denis Semeria

Ed - it is pretty good for cap ferrat - even in ordinary cafes you see Orange pressé for 6 or 7 euros

the sea side cafe does similar things/similar prices further up the same road towards bustop on the right hand side

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,144 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wonderful food tent on rue Denis Semeria

Selkie= I think I will stay in Antibes where I can get a failrly well-filled Pan Bagnat for 4,50 euro ! And a glass of rose for 2 euro at the station cafe. Or ,despite the complaints of the locals, still get an espresso for under 2 euro.

Ed

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wonderful food tent on rue Denis Semeria

when i said this :-the sea side cafe does similar things/similar prices further up the same road towards bustop on the right hand side - i meant ,same sort of prices ast the food tent thing

Ed - you can get espresso for well under 2 euros , even in cap ferrat- cafe creme, capuccino etc are where the prices hike up

Durham
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wonderful food tent on rue Denis Semeria

We visited the food tent/gazebo when we were in holidaying in St Jean a couple of weeks ago and can confirm that it is excellent value for money, good food and a very pleasant and helpful owner. Very chilled and relaxed atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Reply to: Wonderful food tent on rue Denis Semeria
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat