We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do?

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to do?

Hello, me and my boyfriend are travelling to Nice on Saturday the 30th for 4 nights. We are looking for some recommendations. What is worth seeing? Where is good to eat? What beach to go to etc. We are both 28.

Thank you in advance

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
5,023 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do?

Worth seeing:

The Old Town

Walk up to the Château

Wander the Promenade and to the harbour

Place Masséna

Cours Saleya

Out of Nice, worth visiting are Vence (including the Matisse chapel), Tourrettes-sur-Loup, Gourdon, Eze, Antibes, Villa Ehprussi and much more.

Eating-wise there are lots of good Italian places, pizza especially, try the local dish socca (chickpeas), too.

There is a large public, pebbled beach, which is nice enough. Swimming is good there.

Mentioned in this post
Vence
Vence
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do?

Is St Paul de Vence and Vence one and the same place or are they far apart.What is the best way to get there from Nice

Mentioned in this post
Vence
Vence
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do?

I am visiting Nice on the 29th August and am visiting St Paul de Vance,i also want to visit Vence are they the same place or are they far apart,what is the best way to get there from Nice.

Mentioned in this post
Vence
Vence
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do?

I would be obliged to know if visiting Lunel Quay in Nice is it walking distance from Place Messena or do I take a bus.I also would like to know can I walk from Port Lunel to the Cimel convent and is it very far.Thank You

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do?

Is it better to visit the Villa &Jadins Ephrussi de Rossi with Monaco or with Villa France Sur Mer, which are the best two places to do together,and how do I get there from Nice. Thank You

Mentioned in this post
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do?

St Paul & Vence are different places but they are close to each other & on the same bus route, the very slow bus 400 which departs from near the Meridien Hotel. Never heard of Quai Lunel but it seems to be part of the Port of Nice, which is a 15 minute walk or so from Place Massena. Villa Euphrussi is best done in association with Villefranche sur Mer. It is about a 30 minute walk from one to the other or bus 81 will take you from stop Octroi in Villefranche to stop Passable, right beside the Euphrussi, in about 20 minutes via Beaulieu sur Mer. Bus 81 or 100 will take you from Nice to Villefranche in about 10 minutes.

Mentioned in this post
Place Massena
Place Massena
4,726 Reviews
Nice, France
North Wales
Level Contributor
754 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do?

Getting back to making suggestions for the OP and in addition to Riotstar's suggestions: walk from Jardin Albert 1st to Miroir d'eau and Promenade du Paillon (a stunning landscape regeneration project that has worked extremely well). If you're into art, then there's a number of galleries/museums that you could visit. Nice is devoid of sandy beaches and has been blessed with pebbles! You could spend some time sunbathing on these or there's a number of private beaches along the promenade that might take your fancy - some are more suited to people in their twenties. You could also take the train to Villefranche sur Mer and spend part of the day wandering along the quayside and alleyways or spend some time on the popular beach (coarse sand) , enjoy an evening meal in one of a number of decent restaurants and then catch a train back to Nice.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,023 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do?

No Vence and St-Paul are different towns, you can get to both by the 400 Ligne Azur bus

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,023 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do?

Banksofthelee I and others have replied to your queries on your own thread about Villa Ephrussi etc

Vence, France
Level Contributor
8,822 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do?

Quai Lunel is the road on the western side of the port. Walk from Massena takes 30 min, or so and is convenient. You meant the Monastere de "Cimiez"? Not in walking distance from Quai Lunel.