We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new weekly organic food market Arenas from 4/4

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
new weekly organic food market Arenas from 4/4

A new Bio/organic food market starts tomorrow friday 4th april from 11am-2pm.

the new weekly [friday] market will have stalls fir organic fruit veggies, honey, bread , cheese [with meat available to order ]. Starting with 12 stalls

at Place centrale , Arenas

Maybe handy for people at airport hotels, or visiting arenas for parc phoenix, musee d'art asiatqiue

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,203 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new weekly organic food market Arenas from 4/4

Is it this layer of concrete on top of the underground parking, surrounded by office buildings? If so, I cannot imagine organic food more out of place than there - maybe Chernobyl as an exception.

When you want to steer clear of anything genuine or of local traditions, this must be the place to go.

There is no reason to belief that the products offered are of inferior quality, but I simply find the idea of presentation ridiculous.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new weekly organic food market Arenas from 4/4

There is a long tradition of nomadic markets , and a recent phenomenon of networks of bio co-ops popping up to deliver orders in local train stations.

So as far as the Arenas market is concerned, one could see it as the power of nature overcoming the glass and concrete or one could see it as a handy market for people working in a business park or visiting the airport area/park phoenix/asian art museum -or alternatively pour scorn with no knowledge or experience

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new weekly organic food market Arenas from 4/4

I like SelkieNice's interpretation.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new weekly organic food market Arenas from 4/4

Interestingly, to me at least, if you look up when in Arenas, it is not unusual to see marsh harriers or other birds of prey on migration, as well as comorants, egrets [little, great and cattle] and herons [grey and purple and squacco ] , amongts many other birds - even flamingos quite often pause mid route .

and they quite often follow the train line west - i've beeon on several trians where egrest or flamingos have kept pace for a while. slightly surreal

Edited: 4:43 pm, April 04, 2014
Oregon
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new weekly organic food market Arenas from 4/4

tplus, I'd argue that this is where things like organic food are needed the most. It's a good reminder why we can't turn the whole world into glass and steel office buildings and parking structures.

6. Re: new weekly organic food market Arenas from 4/4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 10, 2015