We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to central Nice

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to central Nice

Hi

5 ladies arriving in Nice on a Tuesday at 9pm in April. We are staying in an apartment on Rue Meyerbeer corner with Rue de France. I would think that it would be more convenient and possibly not much more expensive to get a taxi from the airport to the apartment. Can anyone confirm this and how much would a taxi cost (approximately)

Thanks

Nice, France
Level Contributor
353 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to central Nice

Hi,

I believe the maximum number of passengers allowed is 4.

During the day, it costs between 30 - 35€ (+ extra, such as number of suitcases, 4th passenger, etc).

…aeroport.fr/Passengers/…Taxis

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to central Nice

Thanks, didn't realise that as here in the uk there are larger taxis for more than 4 people. Question is do we get 2 taxis or get to our accomodation by bus or transfer

Nice, France
Level Contributor
353 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to central Nice

Yes, there are larger taxis in the city center, but I'm not so sure at the airport as I don't recall seeing any.

I found this info on one website (same taxi network as the one in Nice) but I think it also applies in Nice:

"All Paris taxis are obliged to accept groups of up to four passengers. More precisely, taxi drivers may not refuse to pick up passengers when they are authorized in terms of the vehicle’s logbook to carry that number of passengers, unless the requisite seats have been removed from the vehicle.

Picking up more than three passengers entitles a driver to add a supplementary charge to the cost of the journey for each additional adult."

It doesn't hurt to ask at the airport. If the answer is no, you still have the bus n° 98 (single: 6€). Get off at the bus stop Congres/Promenade (it's just across hotel Hyatt Regency Palais de la Mediterranee). It's less than a 10-minute walk from there. Use Google Maps for walking directions.

Edited: 7:41 pm, March 15, 2014
Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to central Nice

Thanks for your help

Nice, France
Level Contributor
353 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to central Nice

Hello again,

A friend of mine who works at the airport asked a taxi driver about this the other day. He said it's possible (he had a large taxi but didn't accept more than 4) with a larger taxi, however some taxi drivers will refuse it. Anyway, if the first taxi on the line doesn't accept your group, he'll call someone (on the line) who does.

Edited: 11:30 am, March 19, 2014
Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to central Nice

Ok thanks for the tip

7. Re: Airport to central Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, March 21, 2015