We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Go Nice still renting apartments?

Scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is Go Nice still renting apartments?

Hello,

I've been emailing Go Nice, a company I have rented apartments with before, to try to arrange next summer's holiday. Despite 3/4 emails over the last 3 weeks, I have had no reply.

I was wondering if anyone knew if they were still open? The office is at Rue du Congrès.

I would really like to rent with them again next summer ,before going elsewhere, as they have been great in the past.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Go Nice still renting apartments?

about my opinion, if a company do not reply in the next 24/48hr, I change and do not trust them

I will not take the risk to give money to a company and have nothing or no assistance after

bad quality

try to call them Office: 00 33 4 93 87 71 80

Nice
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Go Nice still renting apartments?

Hi Rosebud,

Yes we are still here alive and kicking in Nice.

We have just had a holiday and then are in process of updating our website/computer system - so it has meant there is a back-log on some emails - sorry for this delay.

Please email me directly at rivierabookings@hotmail.co.uk and we sort something out immediately.

Or as " Nice French Riviera" kindly says - by all means give the office a call on 0033 493877180

Looking forward to sorting some accommodation out for you next summer.

Best regards,

Paul

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Go Nice still renting apartments?

I have used Go Nice in the past but this is not doing your business any favours. If what you state is true then the potential customer should at least get an automated email stating that you are on holidays etc. From a customer service perspective, getting nothing at all is bad, bad business.

Edited: 10:35 am, November 08, 2013
Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Nice
Level Contributor
3,330 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Go Nice still renting apartments?

RegNice,

Did you leave nobody informed at all in charge? Aside from anybody who happened to be in the OP’s position of calling you and hearing your ‘phone ring but not once answered, I as a frequent holiday renter myself want to ask you if you had or hadn’t appointed someone competent and authorized to deal with rentals that were actually in progress in Nice while your office was closed for your holiday.

I always check out who will be managing a property when I’ll be in it. I do that before I book, sign or pay anything. If a place won’t be managed, I won’t touch it even it otherwise feels perfect for me. There’s nothing worse than being stuck in a foreign rental with a problem (eg, a flood, no hot water, a hazard unaddressed) and neither the owner nor agent even being in the country you’re in! And with the owner not having appointed or arranged property management.

I've dealt with some 70 temporary rental agents on 3 continents. Their being there for you when you need them is paramount. Some are dedicated to customer service. Some turn a blind eye to it, thinking that CS is a handy marketing term. I've learned to NOT deal with agents who don't answer my calls or e-mails within 24-48 hours maximum. Not answering in time while posing queries and negotiating is a red flag of inferior or non-existent customer service to come AFTER you’re in the apartment.

Customer service has to be excellent and seen to be so when any business depends upon securing customers at a distance, eg. online. Conscientious agents ensure there's a competent employee in place every single day. The superlative ones provide you with an emergency number to call should you be confronted with a problem outside normal office hours. They don’t leave their ‘phone unattended as though they don’t care to make money and so lose business to their competition. Not if they’re serious professionals. One award-winning agent I know answers my rental queries by e-mail from airplanes always within 2-5 minutes of receiving mine! He apologized the one time he didn't answer me for an hour because he was landing in the US and going through Customs. I'm one of his very poorest customers. To him, CS is just what a good businessman extends to everyone he provides a service to. He's exceptional but this is how competition is shaping up these days. There are a slew of go-getters out there. Expect more of them.

Saying something along the lines as you did of, ‘oh, we were on holiday while you were trying to plan a trip;’ ‘I’m sorry’; and ‘contact us now that we’re back from play and still alive and kicking’ (unbelievably ‘so what’!!) can’t leave a good impression of your service even if it is good sometimes. Such statements skirt the real time delay that your absence caused this OP. What are you doing to address that for her in a real way that is any different from what you’d have done had you not left her with nobody answering your ‘phone for a whole 3 weeks? I think you could come up with something special that tangibly meets the inconvenience and waste of time you caused her. Holidays are all about personal enjoyment and escape from daily hassle. That is the raison d’etre of this industry. Were it not, people would stay home, read travel books, shop for French designers’ apparel online without lifting a suitcase, spend travel funds on renovating, etc. rather than bother calling rental agents far away. Or they’d find other agents or feel compelled to try renting directly from owners on websites such as “AirBnB”, ‘homeaway’, ‘Flipkey’ etc. You probably don’t want to lose her as a repeat customer. I’m hoping, unless she’s now completely turned off using your agency which wouldn’t surprise anyone, that you’ll go out of your way and do something special for her – especially since she was about to become your repeat customer.

Your would need to do something kind for her, not ask her to “kindly call you”! I’m getting the idea that you don’t need to earn money. Is that right?

Level Contributor
276 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Go Nice still renting apartments?

Just back from using Go-Nice, no problems as usual.

Liked their new apt 'the view'

I like their key pick up service at T1, totally hassle free.

The E100 cleaning used to annoy me, now I can see a woman's touch (maybe I'm totally wrong) and most def worth it - it had the feel of a 4 star about it.

Sockhopper is right though, not good when emails go unanswered.

Anyways, thks Go-Nice, glad you are sorting out your web site, esp the calendar thing.

6. Re: Is Go Nice still renting apartments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 11, 2014