We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Nice to Paris

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Nice to Paris

Hello, my wife and 2 friends are traveling in August from Nice to Paris. What is the best way to get there, Train, flight? Can you recommend a website for the tickets?

Any help is appreciated it .

Thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,726 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Nice to Paris

Train. http://www.tgv-europe.com Book 3 months ahead for the best prices.

If you have a few days, drive.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,508 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Nice to Paris

We prefer flying from Nice to Orly. Both airports are user-friendly; the flight takes about 1-1/2 hours and goes over beautiful scenery.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,179 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Nice to Paris

If you want to take the train, the TGV takes about 6 hours.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,233 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Nice to Paris

For the best prices by train, book direct with the operator as far ahead as possible. Tickets go on sale 3 months before travel, and the cheapest tickets often sell out quickly. The discounted prices keep going up as the travel date gets closer.

You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at en.voyages-sncf.com/en but use Antarctic as the "Ticket collection country" in the first screen to avoid being transferred to RailEurope, which usually has higher prices and does not list all the trains. For notes on online booking, see www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Nice to Paris

Like Catullus, we choose to fly, but train or air both work. Given the pre-flight arrival time at an airport, some will say that the travel times are about the same, but I think beginning to end, 1 1/2 hour flying time shortens the voyage. I also agree with her that, given a choice, I'd fly out of Orly unless I'm traveling to Nice after an arrival at CDG. That said, there are travelers who simply enjoy train travel, but know that the part of your voyage from Paris to Marseille is going to be "bullet" with scenery whizzing by. Marseille to Nice will be slower and scenic. You will know what works for you...both options are good.

6. Re: Travel from Nice to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 26, 2014