We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corsica from Nice Question

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Corsica from Nice Question

High everybody,

We have a 9 full days to enjoy in Nice and surroundings.

How long is a ferry ride to Corsica from Nice port? Is it available in May? About how much would it cost? Is it doable in 1 day tour? Is it worth doing ?

Open minded to all your opinions and suggestions.

Thank You

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corsica from Nice Question

It is no longer possible to do a one day tour to Corsica since there is no longer a high speed ferry -which is a great shame because I used to enjoy a daytrip over, despite the long travel times.

I had a quick look to see if there were any over night potential ferries

you could potentially go from Nice about 3pm arr ile rousse about 9ish pm that night and leave ile rousse again the following day about 11pm arriving back in Nice at 8am

Prices depend on exact dates , cabin or not etc

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,985 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corsica from Nice Question

Corsica is a wonderful destination, but unless you fly...it really isn't practical for a one or two day trip. Also...Corsica doesn't have the terrific public transportation system that the Cote d'Azur has.....so if you really want explore the island, you should rent a car.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corsica from Nice Question

Thank you, as much as I regret it, I think I must pass it and concentrate on the beauty of Nice and surroundings

town and villages. Too bad.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corsica from Nice Question

Sorry, my bad, my ans. ended up before both of yours.

See top. Thanks

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Corsica from Nice Question

9 days is not a long time for this area.

I had a look at flight and you could possibly take an early flight out and back, but it wouldn't be cheap and there may be issues even with getting transport to and from the airport in corsica [or expensive taxis]

To reiterate what datthecoast said, public transport on Corsica is sparse.

We don't drive and have spent a week travelling around Cosica using public transport but one of my skills is negotiating public transport

[It is not unknown for me to land somewhere and be asked about buses or trains and be able to tell a local which bus number they need.]

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Corsica from Nice Question

Yes, while I continue my research on the area I definitely realize that 9 days barely scratches the surface. We

are so happy and glad to be able to have at least the 9 day.

Will try to make the most of it!

Thank you

7. Re: Corsica from Nice Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 17, 2014