We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geraldton, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Train travel

How do you get from Niceville train station to Nice Riquier train station ,We have an hour to connect with the next train. Is there a map you can follow if on foot? How long does it take to get from Niceville train station to Nicw Riquier train station.

Or can you go by tram ,bus or taxi?

Thankyou

Andrew Thompson Australia

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train travel

Why don't you get the train?????????? I's the next stop!!!!

Edited: 4:07 am, March 08, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,271 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train travel

This is from Rick Steves but is dated 2010 .... ( and another why not take the train? ) .... You can either take the train or the bus. If you choose the bus, you need to take Bus line 30 and it takes about 1/2 an hour from nice ville to nice riquier. Here is the bus schedule: http://www.lignedazur.com/ftp/lignes/ligne%2030%20(au%2013%2007%2009).pdf Be aware the name of the main station in Nice is called both "nice ville" and "nice thiers", thiers being the name of the avenue where the station is located. Likewise, Nice-Riquier is also referred to by "gare nice est" (it being located on the eastern side of the city). Bus ticket is 1 euro. You can also take a TER train from Nice Ville to Nice Riquier, it's much faster (a matter of a few minutes, 5 to 10 minutes) Train ticket is 1.20 euro

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,271 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train travel

Might be an idea not to put your real name on here either mate.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,515 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train travel

The train times are here ( actually only 4 to 5 minutes) ..

…ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/FH04-Mande…

Every train going towards Monaco/Ventimiglia stops at Nice Riquier.But I wasn't sure what you meant by ' an hour to connect with next train' because you cant change at Nice Riquier to another line?.

BTW poor old Rick Steves probably confused everyone with that verbiose paragraph.

Ed

Edited: 4:36 am, March 08, 2013
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train travel

I've never heard anyone call Riquier "gare nice est" , I think Mr S is extrapolating badly from the old Gare du Sud. [ chemins de fer de Provence line ] Riquier is not the only station East of Nice centre

Also Nice ville station is also called Gare Thiers

GeoffreyandTracey - where are you starting your journey and where are you ending up? have you already bought tickets?

I have seen folk using Rail Europe having this issue before

Edited: 11:05 am, March 08, 2013
6. Re: Train travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 10, 2014