We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro car drop off on a Sunday to rail station

Ottawa
Level Contributor
149 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Euro car drop off on a Sunday to rail station

Hello,

We were hoping to drop off our rental car in Nice at Europe car on a Sunday afternoon in June, but their website shows this location is closed. Would we be better off dropping it at the airport or TGV station with a drop box? We need to get to Villefranche after doing this. Thank you

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euro car drop off on a Sunday to rail station

I can see no advantage in dropping of at the airport, as Europe car drop off is in the car park right beside Nice Ville station, from which it is a seven minute train ride to Villefranche. I suppose the only disadvantage is that there will be no one to check the car over so there is the possibility of damage after you drop it off, for which you would be liable. Make sure you have full insurance.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
149 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euro car drop off on a Sunday to rail station

Thanks Londonbob.

I understand there is some risk, I guess we could consider dropping it off on Monday to avoid problems. Maybe we can park near the Darse hotel overnight.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Euro car drop off on a Sunday to rail station

On a sunny June Sunday it is quite possible that there won't be an empty parking place in Villefranche in the afternoon but by 4.30 or so people will be leaving, many to return to their homes in Italy, and there will be space near the Darse.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
149 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Euro car drop off on a Sunday to rail station

LondonBob,

I just called Autoeurope and they said I had to drop off at the airport, as the other one is closed. He did not mention a drop box at the rail station, are you sure that's an option? Thanks, I feel a bit confused. My husband says I worry too much about the little details, which I know.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Euro car drop off on a Sunday to rail station

A dropbox isn't always an option. Call back and ask that question. And if you do use a dropbox, no matter where, take pictures of the car so you have proof of no damage (assuming there isn't any).

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Euro car drop off on a Sunday to rail station

What time of day are you collecting the car ?

Car rental is priced in blocks of 24 hours.If for example you book a 5 day car rental and collect your car at 10.30am on Wednesday you have until 10.30 am on Monday to return it

It would make most sense to me to make use of the car to drop your luggage at your hotel in Villefranche, hang onto the car overnight and return it to Europcar's downtown office near Place Massena in Nice on Monday morning when the Europcar office is open and someone is there to inspect the vehicle with you present

By not using the airport or rail station to return the car, you will avoid an extra location charge too.

Hope this helps

7. Re: Euro car drop off on a Sunday to rail station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 25, 2014