We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais

CORK,IRELAND
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais

Hi,

I have booked a Sea View room at the Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais for May 2013 (3 nights) but I see that they have rooms much cheaper with a Patio View. Does anyone know if these rooms are on the ground floor and if they are very poorly lit or not? Both rooms are Superior but we plan to be out and about for the trip and don't think we need the Sea View room as such. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

M

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,290 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais

We've stayed several times at the Mercure Promenade des Anglais, usually in a sea-view room and once in what I think was called a "patio-view" room. The sea-view rooms are large and comfortable, while the "patio" view room we had just looked out onto a large expanse of concrete between the Mercure and the Le Meridien (you can see into the windows of that hotel). The room was adequate for an overnight stay before catching a flight, but I wouldn't stay in one again.

Since you ask, the room we had was indeed poorly lit, which meant we couldn't see very well to pack and left something behind. However, the curtains on the window wall don't close all the way, and at night the light from outside was troublesome.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais

I once stayed in a 'patio view'room and agree it would be ok for a 'stopover' or for someone not intending to spend much time in the room. I didn't have any problems with Light or curtains.

CORK,IRELAND
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais

Thank you both for your replies - I think I will stick with the Sea View room then and enjoy the view! Although they have now offered me a garden view room with partial sea view so that might be a nice happy medium!

4. Re: Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 19, 2014