We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

terminus changes bus 81 and 100 from 9th jan 2013

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
terminus changes bus 81 and 100 from 9th jan 2013

from 9th jan 2013-

First stop will be Ségurane" in rue Ségurane- direction Cap ferrat or menton

last stop will be "Garibaldi" rue Cassini on arrival in Nice

South Bend, IN USA
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: terminus changes bus 81 and 100 from 9th jan 2013

My wife and I are planning a day trip to Menton on Friday 4 January. Where will we catch the 100 bus. We are staying in the old town. Do we go,to the JCBermond. - where exactly is this stop as that area seems to be under construction or will it be easier to go for the Rue Segurane stop.

Thanks

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: terminus changes bus 81 and 100 from 9th jan 2013

The bus currently starts at museum/risso [till 9th jan] but you can catch it from segurane too

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,208 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: terminus changes bus 81 and 100 from 9th jan 2013

Thanks Alison,

I think that makes much more sense than where the terminus is tucked away at the moment. However, in a city dependent on tourists I still think it is crazy not to replace the horrible old bus station. Surely it would have been possible to design a pleasant open air area where people could have easily found the stops and also transfer from bus to bus. I hesitate to spoil the enormously improved Place Garibaldi but having all the stops for the main routes of interest to tourists around the square would be one way of doing it.

Thanks again,

Bob

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: terminus changes bus 81 and 100 from 9th jan 2013

Bob - yes it is a better arrangement than Museum/risso

I i had been in charge i would have demolished the horrible car park and made the old bus station open air , with a combined tourist office and bus station booking office/ticket office

IMO it did not make sense to demolish the bus station long before the proposed replacements [multi-modal interchanges at Nice st augustin and Pont michel] had even been started

But then i would have also opted for the ligne2 of the tram along the promenade

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: terminus changes bus 81 and 100 from 9th jan 2013

Yes Selkie, it would have been wonderful to have the tram on the promenade. The huge volume of traffic takes away a huge amount of the potential ambiance that could be experienced whilst staying on the promenade.

6. Re: terminus changes bus 81 and 100 from 9th jan 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 06, 2014