We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From NYC, first time in Nice, how many days should I stay?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
218 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
From NYC, first time in Nice, how many days should I stay?

Hi I am arriving in Nice on 30th/Friday this week. How many days should I stay?

What part of Nice should I stay that is central and walking distance to exploring the city and also public transportation.

I will be doing day trip to cannes and other places. What day trip do you recommend?

Many thanks in advance.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,443 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From NYC, first time in Nice, how many days should I stay?

First of all, do you have a hotel reservation for Nice? If not, get one now! I recommend the Mercure Promenade des Anglais for easy access to the Place Masséna area and the old town (Vieux Nice). It's also convenient for the buses and trams. The city will soon be wearing its holiday decorations, which are beautiful. Stay at least a week so you can see the light displays that go up about the end of the first week of December.

It's hard to recommend what other places you should see without knowing your interests: history, architecture, art, the beaches (even in November!), good shopping?

Since you're going to Cannes, consider a stop in Antibes; on another day, go to Villefranche-sur-Mer and St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From NYC, first time in Nice, how many days should I stay?

Catullus, thnx for the response.

My interests are Landmarks, history/architecture, the beach and may be nice bar/lounge (nice but inexpensive), not interested in shopping.

Yes, will be staying for a week in Nice so love to take day trips if transport links are great and easy to get to.

Haven't booked hotel or vacation rental yet as I want to make sure the location is safe and central to all activities and public transport.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From NYC, first time in Nice, how many days should I stay?

NIce is very safe and the Cote d'Azur is dead easy to get around on public transport.

Typically, vacation rentals are one week (Saturday to Saturday) in France, but in December some owners are flexible. Have a look here...

homeaway.com/search/…2012-12-07

Good luck...

4. Re: From NYC, first time in Nice, how many days should I stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, December 17, 2013