We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk from Nice to Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Walk from Nice to Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild

I seem to recall this topic in Tripadvisor, but can't find it.

I believe someone (Nicelife?) was saying that it is perfectly feasible to walk from Nice (we are currently in Vielle Ville for a week) to Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild in Cap Ferrat.

Is there a pedestrian friendly way to get there? If so how long might it take, and what would be the directions?

Thank you.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk from Nice to Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild

from Nice to Villefranche, you have to walk on the main road neat cars

when you arrive in Villefranche, you can go on the beach until the end of this one and you will find stairs and a small path until beaulieu

after normal street

about 2hrs by walk

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk from Nice to Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild

I often walk between Nice and Villefranche, avoiding main roads almost all of the way, which is not vary far from the Ephrussi. Go to the port in Nice and continue along the seafront past Coco Beach and along the footpath which runs beside the sea until you can go no further. Climb up steeply on flights of steps and a narrow road until you arrive at the traffic lights beside Century 21 real estate agents. Cross the main road to Carrefour and go along Boulevard du Mont Boron until you arrive at a church beside which there is a path which takes you into Parc du Mont Boron. Turn right at the top and you will see a sign to Villefranche. You then drop gradually down along a traffic free road with magnificent coastal views until you arrive at a sharp right turn in the road. At this point go straight ahead on a stony path until you arrive at more steps. Drop down these and you will arrive again at the main coast road. Cross the road, turn left and you will soon be in Villefranche, about two miles after leaving Nice.

Drop down to the seafront in Villefranche, continue beside the beach and climb the steps at the eastern end. Go straight ahead with the railway on your left until you arrive at the traffic lights. Cross the road and drop down to the Royal Riviera hotel where you turn right and go along a well surfaced and very beautiful seaside path. As you near the village of St Jean I think there is a sign to the Euphrussi but, if I am wrong, just say Villa Euphrussi to any passer by and they will point you in the right direction.

Total distance from Nice Port to the villa I estimate at five miles.

Toronto
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk from Nice to Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild

Thank you for all the advice. Looks like it can be done if around five miles. Been to St Jean last year, but it seemed like a bit of a bus ride from Nice.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk from Nice to Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild

Bus goes by very circuitous route. The walk as I describe it is about half the distance.

5. Re: Walk from Nice to Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 19, 2012