We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanbury Gardens

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hanbury Gardens

I have a vague recollection of a recommendation of Hanbury Gardens by NiceLife - as his recommendations to date have all been spot on, does anyone know the best way of getting there using public transport, please?

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanbury Gardens

I think it's impossible to go there by public transport or you will spend your all day ;-)

hanbury gardens are not in France but in Italy, just after the border and before to arrive in vintimglia

you can take a train to vintimiglia and that will be at about 5/7km may be

http://www.giardinihanbury.com

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,704 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanbury Gardens

See tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187231-i1791-k391… for details on how to get there.

Some of the links on that thread have expired. Up to date links are

For the bus between Ventimiglia, Mortola (for the gardens) and Pont St Louis/Ponte San Luigi , the border post on the outskirts of Menton (slightly inland above the sea, not the post actually on the seafront), see Linea 1 on rivieratrasporti.it/OrarioInvernale2010-2011…

And for trains to Ventimiglia, …ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/FH04-Mande…

Well worth the visit, and the journey along the coast is very pretty too. There are also taxis in Menton and Ventimiglia, but at much greater expense.

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanbury Gardens

Very many thanks - sorry, I did a search before asking but somehow missed that very helpful thread.

4. Re: Hanbury Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 17, 2012