We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eze vs. St. Paul de Vence

New York
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eze vs. St. Paul de Vence

I am now in Nice with my parents and sister and having a wonderful time many thanks to great help from the forum. We have just few days left and for one of these days, I'm debating whether to go to Eze or St. Paul de Vence or both. I hear it's in opposite direction. If I had to pick one, which one would you recommend? Or would it be possible to do both? We are interested in seeing beautiful scenary and pretty flowers. Thanks so much!!!

Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eze vs. St. Paul de Vence

advantages to eze village - closer to Nice, shorter bus journey

easy to combine with walks in the natural parks above EZe -plateau de la justice and fort de la revere or Nietzsche path down to the bord de mer

disadvantages- much steeper paths , lots of steps and slippy cobbles, fair climb to get to the village , impossible to avoid if walking difficulties

to get the full view you need to buy an entry to the jardin exotique

advantages to st paul de vence

not as steep , not as slippy - some steep bits can be avoided and still get a sense of the place if there are walking difficulties

view is excellent on a clear day - very differnt from the

visit folon chapel , fondation maeght, and loads of art galleries and statues all around.

can be combined with a visit to Vence which is also interesting

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eze vs. St. Paul de Vence

I'm agree with Selkie

Eze is smaller than St Paul, both are a medieval village

Eze is nearest, 20 min by bus/car instead of 30/40 minto St Paul

the seaview is better in Eze if you go insead the exotic garden

in St Paul, you have more craftman, shops....

and you can combine with Vence, Tourettes sur loup....

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
10,139 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eze vs. St. Paul de Vence

It may be time to flip a coin here. But Ii must say personally I prefer Eze - if the weather is absolutely clear - i.e no heat haze- the view is absolutely stunning.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eze vs. St. Paul de Vence

Totally agree with Selkie for its description.

I'd do both if you have time enough for that. Vence and St-Paul-de-Vence on the same day is doable. For Eze use the bus instead of the car.

And for Tourrettes-sur-Loup I'd keep for nother day, start with a visit of that nice village perché then head on through the Gorges du Loup to Gourdon. Of course a stop in Gourdon, then head towards Grasse and back to Nice.

Edited: 10:26 am, July 17, 2010
5. Re: Eze vs. St. Paul de Vence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, January 14, 2011
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now