We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! -Need reliable reservation for apartment in Nice

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help! -Need reliable reservation for apartment in Nice

My husband and I have already bought tickets to Nice for the first week of September and we are currently researching apartment rentals. We would like to rent a charming and clean apartment in Nice and are not sure how to go about to make the reservations.

Can anyone recommend a secure website or , even better, a specific place to stay in Nice?

We were thinking of staying in Old Nice but we are flexible based on good recommendations.

Thank you everyone for your help!!!!!

elar181

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
469 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! -Need reliable reservation for apartment in Nice

I would suggest www.nicepebbles.com

We rented from them in Sept and they were great. A greeter met us at the aparment in the old town, showed us how everything worked & gave us her phone number in case we had any problems. We had a 2 BR apartment with a small balcony & a view across to the water.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! -Need reliable reservation for apartment in Nice

you could find some apartment with a agency as nicepebbles but it's not the cheapest

the cheapest (sometimes 50% less for the same quality) will be to rent directly with a french owner but about reliable, clean...it's difficult to guarantee you in advance ::))

you can try to ask at tourist office a listing of private person in Nice who rent a flat but most will speak only french, do not have a website to show you pics (they could send us by email)...

it's the difference between a professional and a non-professional

I live in Nice and when I see how much a professionnal rent a flat for one week, it's crazy sometimes (but you pay some guarantee)

good luck

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! -Need reliable reservation for apartment in Nice

The two major agencies in Nice are Nice Pebbles and http://www.go-nice.com/ - we've rented through both, and they were excellent.

The major advantage of using a rental agency is that you can pay by credit card, with the protection offered by the card company should anything go horribly wrong.

London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! -Need reliable reservation for apartment in Nice

try owners direct where you will find mostly English speaking owners with second homes; they tend to be careful with their properties and are cheaper.

there are a number of threads on this topic if you do a search. I use owners direct to let my apartment and to rent apartments , villas in other locations

there is no guarantee but all have some photos and a description-if no effort has been made to the entry then that may give a message

at the risk of repetition speak directly to an owner- the response will give you a clue as to whether they run a tidy operation

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
474 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! -Need reliable reservation for apartment in Nice

www.homeaway.com

www.holiday-rentals.co.uk

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! -Need reliable reservation for apartment in Nice

This is great info! Thanks everyone!

Nice
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! -Need reliable reservation for apartment in Nice

If you have the patience some cheaper bargains can certainly be found on holiday rentals but I would also heartily recommend www.yourniceapartment.com . It's a company that manage a small number of lovely properties, both villas and apartments much like some of the others mentioned previously. The upside of going with a managed apartment is you have the peace of mind that you have someone to call or fall back on who is around the corner if you have a problem and an apartment ready to walk into and use with all the little things that make you feel at home straight away. That means no remembering to bring toilet paper, tea towels etc...it is all provided for you so you can concentrate on relaxing straight away. I hope you find a great place no matter where you choose to stay.

Dublin
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! -Need reliable reservation for apartment in Nice

hi

Try http://www.primaryrentals.com , I found some nice apartments on this website.

Edited: 7:01 am, May 28, 2010
London
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! -Need reliable reservation for apartment in Nice

Hi Stayed in flat in Nice (the one called Old city/Harbour nice). It was very nice and the owner was flexible price wise. It was a very good located studio.

Worth considering it

london
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! -Need reliable reservation for apartment in Nice

We have stayed with yourniceapartment for the last 3 years. Decent, clean, and comfortable rents each time.