We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartments in nice - please help

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
231 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
apartments in nice - please help

hello all!

i have found two apartments in Nice old town (i was told the old town was the best place to stay??) - anyway, one is in Rue Barillerie close to the seafront and right next to the flower market i think, the second is in Ruelle de al Boucherie - do any posters have any advice as to which would be best, it is for a family, would the first one be too noisy ?

Thanks for any advice and tips ?

cheers !

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apartments in nice - please help

The old town is noisy but I would reckon that Rue de la Barillerie would be noisiest location due to setting up of the market early in the morning- Market traders not being known for soft voices

London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apartments in nice - please help

old town not necessarily the best for a family

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
231 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apartments in nice - please help

So if you are saying the Old Town is not recommended, why would that be ? and if so, where would you recommend ?

Ive never been to Nice and i am just trying to familiarise myself with the area.

cheers,

jay

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apartments in nice - please help

you have many bars, restaurants, pub, markets... in the old town

it's very busy and also the night noisy with bars

also, it's impossible to park your car if you have on

it's a pedestrian area

=

if you don't have a car and if you don't care about the noise, it's a perfect location

you have many other area in Nice near the center and nice

you will walk a little bit more but it's ok

give us another selection of streets and we will give you our opinion

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apartments in nice - please help

The best area for you would probably be around the Rue Pietonne (pedestrian area) including Rue de France and Rue Massena. You are near to the sea, Old Town and all the shops. There are no cars and except for a bit of street noise from buskers and street entertainers at night it is fairly quiet. If you got an apartment with double glazing you would be sure of a peaceful night.

Go Nice has lots of aprtments to rent in those areas.

London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: apartments in nice - please help

if you prefer a quieter location and are prepared to walk 5/10/15 mins look at the streets eastwards from Gambetta , south (or just north) of Victor Hugo -this will include the Zone Pietone but also some more residential streets to the west

7. Re: apartments in nice - please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, May 16, 2010