We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Formula 1 Race

New York
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Formula 1 Race

I am planning to go to the Monaco Grand Prix in May. What is the best way to get there from Nice? I am also an amateur photographer........where can I capture the essence of Nice (People and Landscape)???

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Formula 1 Race

The best way to travel between Nice and Monaco during Grand Prix is by train. There are signs once you get to the station in Monaco telling you which exit to use for your grandstand.

For the "essence" of Nice, I'd try the market Liberation up avenue Malaussena - much more about the local Nicois people than the tourist one in the Cours Saleya. I'd also go up to Castle Hill where local mothers and children play in the park. I'd also take a look behind the Notre Dame cathedral on a sunny evening when the local North African male community gather to pass the time of day.

For landscape, the old town, Place Massena, Place Garibaldi, the port, views from Mont Boron, Cimiez and Castle Hill.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Formula 1 Race

yes, I confirm, go by train

but everybody go by train ::)) = sometimes, you will not arrive to catch the first train, to much people...

except if you go early and do not come back just after the end of race (ex : the race finishes at 4.30pm, it's crazy until 6.30pm at monaco train station)

New York
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Formula 1 Race

Thanks! I appreciate the information. It will help me out a lot.

4. Re: Formula 1 Race

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:43 am, May 31, 2010
New York
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Formula 1 Race

Do many people of the area or establishments speak English or shall I brush up on my French skills?

The Cannes Film Festival will be going on while I'm there........Is it worth the trip to go and check out the scene or wait for it to clear up?

Thanks in advance!

6. Re: Formula 1 Race

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, September 17, 2009