We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus and Eats in Nice

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus and Eats in Nice

Can someone please help me with the bus routse in Nice?

I am trying to get from SNCF Gare Nice Ville to the Acropolis by bus and I'm having trouble figuring out the route on the Nice bus system's website. Can anyone offer help or know which bus I should take? Or if it would be equally fast to walk? If it's under 15min I don't mind walking.

Also any recommendations for cheap yummy food in Nice would be much appreciated!

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus and Eats in Nice

You can download a map of the Nice Ligne d'Azur network:

www.lignedazur.com/plan/index.asp…

Had a look at the map and I think you can take bus 4 direction Pasteur Hopital or bus 30 direction Riquier, unless there aren't any changes because of the tramworks.

According to my routing software the distance is about 2 km, but the Nice Acropolis web site says it's about 4 km to the train station.

Toronto, Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus and Eats in Nice

THANKS!

Yea I've been studying that map today but I couldn't figure it out with all the routes and stuff but I'll keep your advice in mind when I look at the map again.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,274 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus and Eats in Nice

It is more or less a 15-20 minutes walk. But don't worry, when you get to the train station look on the maps at bus stops. They are bigger than the one on the website and it is easier to diffrentiate colors for each bus line.

Toronto, Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus and Eats in Nice

thanks! yes the map online is difficult to read.

Athens, GA
Level Contributor
759 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus and Eats in Nice

Did you guys find it easy to use the buses in Nice? I never found one going my way. I even asked at the train station if there was a bus line to the Promenade and was told No. I know this isn't true, but I found it way too hard to use. So, we ended up doing a lot of walking - too much walking.

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus and Eats in Nice

Before I traveled to Nice I had a look at the Ligne d'Azur web site and made a print-out of relevant parts of the bus map. So I could have taken the buses but I used them only to the airport. It's probably recommended to find out which bus to take etc. before traveling.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,274 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus and Eats in Nice

I commute often in Nice but I reckon the maps aren't that easy to read but since I always go to the same hotel, I often use the same routes.

The bus on the Promenade is the 98 that goes from the airport to the bus station downtown. There may be another one but I know for sure about the 98.

Toronto, Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus and Eats in Nice

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try and figure out the bus system before I go for sure...but in the event I can't I don't mind walking 20min to the hotel.

I'm actually only in Nice for 2days on my way to Barcelona, so Bill2005 or yymca6 if you can offer your favorite reasonably priced places to eat I'd really appreciate the tips.

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus and Eats in Nice

Can't tell you much about restaurants in Nice because I've never been to one. I was in Nice last year for 2 nights and this year for 3 nights. During the day I ate some snacks, ice etc. I think there's a wide range of restaurants in the Old Town and in the pedestrian zone near rue Massena.

scotland
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus and Eats in Nice

the pedestrian zone in rue messenna has the cheapest food , mainly pizza and pasta.There are plenty to choose from.There is also a good chinese in place massenna