We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat to st tropez

scotland
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat to st tropez

hi, does anybody know if there is a boat/ferry to st tropez from nice and any info on cost and timetables.I will be there in september. thanks

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Boat to st tropez

BunnyJack...

I am glad this site was not down or hacked after your posting :)

California
Level Contributor
144 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Boat to st tropez

The beaches in Nice is not pebbly. It's rocky!! Those rocks will hurt your feet. Forget about sunbathing on your towels. You must use straw mats.

charlotte, nc
6 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Boat to st tropez

Just a thought, however why would you go all the way to St Tropez from Nice, when just 10 minutes from Nice are the beaches of Cap D'Ail...La Mala offers a beautiful setting with a private beach (sandy). You would have 4 more hours of beach time by the time you put the efforts to go all the way to St.Tropez and back. Just a thought!

charlotte, nc
6 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Boat to st tropez

To save some time and money, instead of voyage au St.Tropez, go to the beaches of Cap D'Ail "La Mala", perhaps 10 minutes from Nice, and nice private beaches under the cliffs.

That would allow for more time spent on the beach, than travelling to/fro St.Tropez (not to knock the beaches of St Tropez at all). Time is of the essence.

I will be there myself in September.

Bon Voyage

charlotte, nc
6 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Boat to st tropez

Je De'sole' pour Le De ja vu! did not realize it posted.

Ce tout.

Athens, GA
Level Contributor
759 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Boat to st tropez

htc - You're right about the beaches at Nice - they are full-sized stones. Very hard to walk on. And it seems the beach drops off at the waterline, making it hard to get in and out. My daughters and I took the train 7 minutes to Villefranche and enjoyed a day at the beach that is more like sand - pea-sized and smaller pebbles. It was actually quite comfortable. Plus, it's such a quaint little town with a picturesque harbor. For beaching it, I much preferred Villefranche. Plus it's easy to get to.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Boat to st tropez

I just came back from Nice after 9 days visit.

Train station was very crowded. I found myself in the river of crowds. Pretty small. Long lines for the ticket. Ticket machines are only in french. Next town may take just ten minutes but the line to buy the ticket takes 45 minutes. One may try to take a bus to the towns. (If any)

Buy a special shoe (cheap plastic beach shoes) for the Nice beaches. It helped me a lot. Best private beach seemed to me Ruhl comparing to the other private beaches in Nice. More English speaking clients. Not many smiley faces though during the service. Very young waiters, and very long hours to work.

Second preference would be Beau Rivage. Again not many smiley faces.