We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice jazz festival

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nice jazz festival

Can anyone help me with advice on making booking tickets & explaining how this jazz festival works. Would like to see Van Morrison on 20 July but every web site I look at is in french & there seems to be different stages in different places. Also advice on where to stay which is quite central.

Many thanks

Jill Stewart

French Riviera Day Trip from Nice
126 reviews
from $104.80*
Special Offer
Monaco and Eze Small-Group Day Trip...
631 reviews
from $98.90*
$109.90
Special Offer
Provence Countryside Small Group Day...
455 reviews
from $98.90*
$109.90
French Riviera Small Group Day Trip...
403 reviews
from $133.90*
Nice
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice jazz festival

hi, the Nice Jazz festival is an openair festival wich takes place in the garden of Cimiez. In the same garden, they set up three stages ( 3 to 4 preformances on each), during the night you can go from one to the other as u like and u just have to buy one ticket to get into the garden for the night you want to go. u must know it is not a jazz festival anymore and that it has lost a lot of its particular atmosphere, now it is like any other rock music festival with drunkpeople, dirty greens, lots of junkfood , lots of food smell!! but u can still spend a nice evening because the place is nice and a summer night in Nice is always something to be experienced!!

there is not nice hotels close to the jardin de Cimiez but it is not that far away from downtown. u can take a bus to go, very easy, and just walk back to the city. very nice boulevard de Cimiez to see walking ( with a lot of old palaces and houses from la Belle Epoque), you need 15 minutes to join back centertown. Enjoy ur stay . Guillaume.

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice jazz festival

Many thanks for the help & advice, much appreciated. At least I know roughly what it's about now!