We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice to St Tropez

Bolton
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Nice to St Tropez

How do you get from Nice to St Tropez? Is there a direct train?

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice to St Tropez

No, there are no trains to St Trop. It does not have a station. In theory you can get there by taking a train partway (to St Raphael for example) and a bus from there, but it takes a few hours even if the bus does not get caught in the traffic going into St Tropez, which in the summertime it inevitably will.

Even getting there by car is problematic as it can often take as long to cover the last 5km or so as it does for the whole of the rest of the trip unless you arrive VERY early, i.e. just after dawn.

There is a boat between Nice and St Tropez, I think, but I'm not sure of the time or cost since I have never taken it.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
731 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice to St Tropez

boat info link:

www.trans-cote-azur.com/ang/prognice.html

Bolton
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice to St Tropez

cheers for your advice

uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice to St Tropez

boat ride from nice harbour to st tropez was around 40 euros per person last year, taking aprox 2 hrs stopping @ cannes on route. runs from june to mid sept sets sail around 8ish departs st tropez @ 5 making it a nice day out....njoy

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,343 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice to St Tropez

If you are in the big season, forget about St-trop unless you have time to spare sitting in a car or in a bus...

Athens
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice to St Tropez

Visit the http://www.tmr-saintraphael.com/saint.htm.

Boat from Saint Rafael to San Trope, only 20 Euros per adult, alez-retour!!!!

Nice
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice to St Tropez

St Tropez is not rail connected. There are buses from St Maxime. The trip may take several hours due to road congestions. There are occasional ( i.e. rare and irregular) day trips by boat between Nice and st Tropez. My understanding is that when at all available it´s essentially a daytime round trip onboard with an hour or two in St Tropez. In my view, one can spend a day better in Nice with surroundings than on a visit to St Tropez.