We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mercure Marche Fleur vs Hotel Suisse

Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mercure Marche Fleur vs Hotel Suisse

Heading to Nice in September. Trying to decide between these two hotels in Nice. Anyone been to both or can comment on which would be better? Thank you.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
457 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mercure Marche Fleur vs Hotel Suisse

I'm leaving on Sunday for Nice and am staying at the Suisse. I'll let you know. You can also browse for postings by Chairmanmao. He just stayed there and liked it. Or you can just browse the forum for Suisse. That's what I did.

Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mercure Marche Fleur vs Hotel Suisse

Thanks for the input.

Nice
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mercure Marche Fleur vs Hotel Suisse

the view if you have a room with it, at the suisse is better there than at the mercure. location and service should be equal. close to the suisse , next door, there is La Perouse hotel, which is more charming!! much more . maybe a little bit more expensive. enjoy ur stay.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,342 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mercure Marche Fleur vs Hotel Suisse

La Perouse is a lot more expensive than Mercure Marche aux Fleurs and Suisse. If you want some more info on Mercure go on the Accor hotels site www.accorhotels.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
457 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mercure Marche Fleur vs Hotel Suisse

goodie,

I just returned from Nice. Stayed at the Suisse for 7 nights. It depends on what you're looking for in a hotel. You can read the tripadvisor reviews on both hotels and check out the prices. I passed by the Mecure Marche on the way to the Suisse and in my opinion, if you're looking for views and location, I'd pick the Suisse hands down. It has been said in numerous postings that the Suisse has the best views in Nice and I would whole heartedly agree! I stayed on the 5th floor and my room had a (small) balcony with a fabulous sea view! The balcony is small but it's big enough for a small table and 2 chairs. You do pay more for the top floor. I did check out the 2nd floor room before I left. It has a bigger balcony and is lower so the view is a little different but still great. Don't know what the noise level would be on 2, but no problem up on 5. We like to sit out on the balcony after a day of sight seeing to unwind with a drink and take in the views.

The location is also great. Very close to the Cours Salaya and the old town. You're also right accross the road from a great beach. You get a free umbrella on the private beach if you tell them you're from the hotel. And the castle hill is right there where you can take an elevator up to the top. It is definately worth the visit.

The rooms are not American syle large but okay for 2 people. The main issue with the room is lack of counter space in the bathroom but I solved that by moving one of the night tables into the bathroom. There is not a stand up shower but one of those hand held sprayers. I was initially concerned about this but did not find it to be a problem.

There's not alot of services offered, but the staff is friendly and helpful. They did make a restuarant reservation for me and confirmed my return airport transfer.

In summary, I would stay there again and was very happy with the experience.

By the way, Nice is a really great place and the other Riveria towns are unbelievably beautuful.

I also recommend that you check out the Virtual Tourist web site and allaboutnice.com. Allaboutnice has alot of great tips and restuarant recommendations.

I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did. My only regret is that I did not stay longer!

Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mercure Marche Fleur vs Hotel Suisse

Thank you so much for your review. I had since decided to confirm this hotel and am very pleased to hear your comments.