We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studying France for two weeks

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
4 posts
Save Topic
Studying France for two weeks

Nice, Tours or Aix-en-Provence? Please note that I love jazz and will be studying diring the jazz fest in Nice. I need input from people who are well-traveled in France.

Merci!

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Studying France for two weeks

If you want to wander in and out of town I would suggest Nice for its weather and its surroundings. Riviera is a must. I am going once or twixe a year every year and I will for as long as I will be able to.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,903 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Studying France for two weeks

Aix is a fun university town, with lots of music.

Nice is more for the beach crowd with a couple of great art museums.

Tours is considerably further north and has lots of French history.

Chicago
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Studying France for two weeks

Is Nice totally over-run with tourists in the summer? I am going to study in France for two weeks and I am deciding between Aix and Nice. Will be there during the jazz fest. (Good thing.) Is it too touristy? Is Aix a better place to study?

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Studying France for two weeks

Of course Nice is a lot more crowdy in the Summer. So Aix is quieter if you are going either June or July, even August (the month of the French vacation). If you can live with tourists around you, i still believe Nice is something to see (especially if you travel a bit around the town)

US
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Studying France for two weeks

Fyi, there is also a notorious jazz fest in Montreaux, Switzerland every year - you'd need to take a train, not sure when it is. You will have a wonderful time in Nice!