We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Travel

Belfast, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
Train Travel

I have been looking at SNCF website and looking at the fares for the daytrips we are planning. For example from JLP to Monaco is £28 for 2 people return.

I have read on this forum about a ticket that costs €15 (I think) which allows you to hop on/off throughout the different towns on the train line.

Have I got this right ?and if so is this more beneficial if say we would like to stop in Nice or Antibes on way home before continuing to JLP? Am I looking at the right site?

Could someone please advise me were I could get a train timetable so I can print it off before I go (we go next week). Also the link for the bus timetable along the coast.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
10,129 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Travel

Bub40 - the 15 euro ticket is the Pass Zou - one day go anywhere between Theoule (west Of Cannes) and Ventimiglia Italy which is the last stop for the local line. You can also go to Grasse inland and Tende up in the Alps ( but latter is cut by a landslide and you must do part of the journey by bus).

You buy your ticket at the counter or blue automatic ticket machine. Validate once in yellow machine at platform entrance.

But a normal ticket will also allow you to get off anywhere and back on at no extra charge e.g. Antibes/ Monaco you can get off at Nice, Villefranche etc. In this case you must validate every time you board or reboard.

Train timetable on SNCF TER site. Bus timetables Nice - Cannes, Nice-Menton etc) on Lignes d'Azur site,

2. Re: Train Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 21, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Juan-les-Pins